Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-20: Brewers (Woodruff) at Twins (Berrios) [Brewers lose, 7-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jose Berrios is a good pitcher. He's isn't THIS good, though.

Yeah the freakin Royals hit this guy around pretty good...twice.

I mean, the guy has 40 wins the last 3 years. He's a good pitcher. Never know when guys like him are gonna find it in a weird season like this. Unfortunately it looks like he's found it against the Brewers.

Some awesome defense that last inning. Now let’s wake up the bats!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

What a great job by both Holt and Arcia on the relay and put out at home. Huge play to keep this a one run game for now.

But how about that tag by Pina?

Well of course, I just expect that level of exceptional ability from Piña. ;)

Not just “at Night” anymore.

This isn’t Brewers related, but thought this point regarding Jesse Winker of the Reds was apropos of the Brewers situation, and how quickly things can (hopefully) change when you’re so few ABs into the season:

Joel Luckhaupt: I still can't get over the fact that Jesse Winker had 2 hits in his first 25 AB this season and just 40 plate appearances later he leads MLB in OBP and SLG.

You know ... I kinda like Eric Sogard, Brock Holt and Jedd Gyorko. I just wish that only one of them was on this team. In a utility infielder role. Having all 3 is simply redundant.

I’d settle for just 2 of them. Gyorko is nice to have the RH power-ish bat.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Pina'a bat sure has cooled off lately

It’s why this team desperately needs Narvaez to figure it out. Pina can be a black hole if he’s the main guy everyday.

Per Adam McCalvy:

The Brewers have collected their first hit of the game in the fifth inning or later in four of the first seven games of this long road trip.

Last Thurs. vs. Darvish: 7th (Smoak)

Fri. vs. Mills: 5th (Smoak)

Tues. vs. Maeda: 9th (Sogard)

Tonight vs. Berrios: 5th (Sogard)

This is probably all in my head and if I looked up the numbers I'd probably feel differently... But, it sure seems like we suck against right handers and once we bring in the pinch hitters we start to come alive.

You know ... I kinda like Eric Sogard, Brock Holt and Jedd Gyorko. I just wish that only one of them was on this team. In a utility infielder role. Having all 3 is simply redundant.

Sogard and Holt are basically the same guy who remind Counsell of himself but Gyorko actually has some pop in his bat. I would keep Holt over Sogard but one of them has to go.

Pina'a bat sure has cooled off lately

It’s why this team desperately needs Narvaez to figure it out. Pina can be a black hole if he’s the main guy everyday.

Completely agree. I love Pina as a backup catcher. As the main guy he is just miss cast. He has way too many prolonged slumps.

Archived