Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-19: Brewers (Anderson) at Twins (Hill) [Brewers win, 9-3 -- Big night for the offense; Rasmussen makes MLB debut]

Eye Black
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arm might feel good but it just doesn't have it yet.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm glad that it's a short season with expanded rosters for Knebel's situation. We can keep using him when it doesn't matter and just get him stronger and used to pitching again, and then hopefully he can come back strong next Spring. If it was a full season we'd have to decide how to roster him and if it was worth waiting for him to come around and what not.

Watching Knebel is like watching Jimmy Nelson. It’s just sad. Thankfully, no reason to think Knebel can’t regain much better form going forward, but it isn’t pretty right now.

Yea, at least they don't need him to play a big role. Somehow that crappy Stearns built a pen with 8 or 9 guys better than your closer from a year ago.

Relief pitching is already volatile, and throwing a TJ surgery on top is rough. I love Knebel and hope he can make it back to being his old self. It seems like a lot of hard-throwing relievers are not fully recovered and back to their old selves until their 2nd season back, so I'm going to hold out hope for 2021 with Knebel.

Watching Knebel is like watching Jimmy Nelson. It’s just sad. Thankfully, no reason to think Knebel can’t regain much better form going forward, but it isn’t pretty right now.

Yea, at least they don't need him to play a big role. Somehow that crappy Stearns built a pen with 8 or 9 guys better than your closer from a year ago.

I think when the history of Stearns' tenure is written, it will include an elite an innovative understanding of bullpens. Building them, selling high on them, moving guys in and out of them, Stearns (and Counsell and the entire front office) have done that better than anyone I have seen. Been amazing to watch. My favorite is thebThornburg trade. Didn't pan out exactly, but showed why you capitalize on BP depth when you can.

Fingers crossed the two years to really bounce back line is legit for Knebel. Sad to watch currently.

Claudio, on the other hand, is quietly having a nice season. Seems to work better when he's not making 12 appearances a week.

Brett Anderson in the post game Zoom press conference when asked about Drew Rasmussen...

"I don't think you could have two more contrasting styles. ... I was throwing my hot garbage up there for six innings and he comes out throwing upper 90s. It was good contrast. It was fun to watch him."[/i]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brett Anderson in the post game Zoom press conference when asked about Drew Rasmussen...

"I don't think you could have two more contrasting styles. ... I was throwing my hot garbage up there for six innings and he comes out throwing upper 90s. It was good contrast. It was fun to watch him."[/i]

LOL. Brett is hilarious.

Archived