Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-19: Brewers (Anderson) at Twins (Hill) [Brewers win, 9-3 -- Big night for the offense; Rasmussen makes MLB debut]

Eye Black
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fernando Tatis, Jr. just hit another home run. The kid is just ridiculously talented. Imagine being the White Sox and having traded Tatis for a washed up mid-30s James Shields who had an ERA over 5.00 throughout his 3 years on the South Side.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

When has a Brewers offense performed this poorly? I know it is a shortened season but man this is brutal

Should we really be surprised. Besides Yelich and Hiura we don't have much and with them both struggling we are a bad offense. Remember that we were basically an average offense with Yelich playing like and MVP and Moustakas and Grandal in the lineup.

I feel like I've read this same exact thought every day for the last two weeks. Are you going to come back and give a little credit where it's due tonight? Offense is looking good, and the "bum" they signed in Anderson is shutting down a very good lineup.

Wow, Drew Rasmussen has some nasty stuff! It's fun having home-grown arms. Finally!

Yeah, I’m optimistic about the future of this bullpen knowing guys like Devin Williams and Drew Rasmussen will be included in the mix for the foreseeable future.

So Rasmussen and Knebel tonight? Claudio if necessary?

Just Rasmussen? Can't he go 3?....you know if he pitches well?

That'd be great but I think I'd pull him after 2 good innings. Knebel needs more low leverage innings anyway.

Something tells me we might have something in Rasmussen. Not just the heat, but all his pitches had late movement. Nothing straight, including the slider lined to right for a single. Ray Black throws fast, but everything is straight as an arrow. Not so with Rasmussen.

Heck of a ML debut!

It's a shame that Arcia's ball didnt find green last night and we'd be on the verge of a nice 5-game win streak.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Should we really be surprised. Besides Yelich and Hiura we don't have much and with them both struggling we are a bad offense. Remember that we were basically an average offense with Yelich playing like and MVP and Moustakas and Grandal in the lineup.

I feel like I've read this same exact thought every day for the last two weeks. Are you going to come back and give a little credit where it's due tonight? Offense is looking good, and the "bum" they signed in Anderson is shutting down a very good lineup.

giphy.gif

Archived