Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-19: Brewers (Anderson) at Twins (Hill) [Brewers win, 9-3 -- Big night for the offense; Rasmussen makes MLB debut]

Eye Black

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Small sample sizes, but the Brewers hitters have 36 ABs against Rich Hill and a combined .231 BA / .238 OBP / .264 SLG / .502 OPS

Against Brett Anderson the Twins hitters have 52 ABs and a combined line of .353 BA / .417 OBP / .749 SLG / 1.166 OPS

The most good news/bad news results have been Nelson Cruz who is just 4-for-23 against Brett Anderson, but all four of those hits have been home runs.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hopefully they fare better against Hill's curve than they did against Maeda's change.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

You know you have a bad lineup when Arcia is leading off and Sogard starts against a lefty. I know that nearly everyone is a contender to make this years playoffs with so many teams but I wouldn't be against selling if teams are willing to pay a high price for some of our assets. We have made the playoffs the last two years so there shouldn't be a desperation to do so again if we don't see ourselves with a chance to go far in the playoffs.

With this lineup we are a paper tiger. The pitching overall has been good despite the constant short starts from our starters but this lineup is embarrasingly bad and not likely to improve much.

Arcia isn't leading off tonight, Braun is. Sogard isn't starting. I assumed that was the poster's preferred lineup, not the actual one.

I don't know why people post that stuff without a disclaimer.

How about a little note saying "this is my guess" rather than posting it so everyone assumes it's the real deal line-up.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Gamel has been absolute trash, so why not send him to Appleton and promote Tyrone Taylor for another RHB? If they want a crappy LHB for RF they still have holt

Mathias?

He looked really good when he was up and it earned him a demotion.

For those who aren't able to watch what happened

Yelich singled with one out. Hiura hit a pop-up to second baseman. Didn't even leave the box. Fielder let it hit ground and easy double-play. Hiura shrugged and trudged to the dugout uninspired.

Archived