Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-18: Brewers (Burnes) at Twins (Maeda) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 12 innings -- Brewers spoil Maeda’s no hit bid in the 9th and rally for 3 runs, but fail to get a run across in extras]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hitting is a disease. As contagious as the bubonic plague.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if Haines is part of the problem or not but he definitely isn't part of the solution at least not in a way that has manifested itself onto a baseball field.

The hitting problems are chronic. It's the entire lineup, 1 to 9. So that definitely becomes a red flag. People aren't grumbling about him for 2 guys that hitting under the Mendoza line. It's almost literally every single hitter on the team.

See, that's a good reason to make a change. Systematic failure.

This is a good point. That said most of these guys don't have a track record of being that good. The only ones who do are Braun and Yelich and Braun is at the end. Not saying Haines isn't the problem but it's not like he's working with a ton of high level talent in my opinion.

I don't know if Haines is part of the problem or not but he definitely isn't part of the solution at least not in a way that has manifested itself onto a baseball field.

The hitting problems are chronic. It's the entire lineup, 1 to 9. So that definitely becomes a red flag. People aren't grumbling about him for 2 guys that hitting under the Mendoza line. It's almost literally every single hitter on the team.

This is a good point. That said most of these guys don't have a track record of being that good. The only ones who do are Braun and Yelich and Braun is at the end. Not saying Haines isn't the problem but it's not like he's working with a ton of high level talent in my opinion.

Hiura is a high level talent and he is regressing. Narvaez was one of the best hitting catchers in baseball the last couple of years and he has regressed as well.

The Brewers signed a bunch of guys that a solid team could theoretically hide in their lineup. They may even put up decent numbers because they would be seeing better pitches to hit than their star counterparts. But when you put too many of those types in a lineup, their warts show even more.

Remember when we Wanted to get away from

The all or nothing offense and strikeouts? so far, just nothing. Trade hader for a 1b or 3b please. Sign somebody for the combined price of

All the extras/ scrubs.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Braun's going yard.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Remember when we Wanted to get away from

The all or nothing offense and strikeouts? so far, just nothing. Trade hader for a 1b or 3b please. Sign somebody for the combined price of

All the extras/ scrubs.

Trade Hader you need to get both hopefully.

Braun's going yard.

To be fair, I didn't say today.

Nice AB, Omar.

Archived