Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-18: Brewers (Burnes) at Twins (Maeda) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 12 innings -- Brewers spoil Maeda’s no hit bid in the 9th and rally for 3 runs, but fail to get a run across in extras]

Eye Black
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the hitting coach is a meaningless position save the money and don't have one because Haines adds nothing of value to this franchise.

I never said it was a meaningless position. But it seems like fans tend to give the position a level of importance that just isn't viable. Hitting coaches and pitching coaches are always scapegoats. That's why there is so much turnover in those roles across MLB.

We should just get rid of Haines now and try to salvage the season.

What is a new coach going to do?

"Hey, all you guys with mediocre (at best) track records... go hit better..!"

A new voice can help and we can't downgrade from the clueless guy we have now.

The inability to hit in the first three innings of any game also suggests ineptitude in preparing the hitters for the pitcher they'll be facing. Also would wonder why CC wouldn't call up a minor league coach to help, since he has the excuse to do it while Murph is out without firing anyone mid-season.

Also, Haines may be telling the hitters exactly what they're doing wrong, what to look for, or what else they need to do to succeed. Hitting is hard, it's harder when you just have a bunch of not-so-great hitters in your lineup.

If the hitting coach is a meaningless position save the money and don't have one because Haines adds nothing of value to this franchise.

I never said it was a meaningless position. But it seems like fans tend to give the position a level of importance that just isn't viable. Hitting coaches and pitching coaches are always scapegoats. That's why there is so much turnover in those roles across MLB.

The offense has underachieved since he has been here. To be just about league average with Yelich at an MVP level as well as Hiura, Grandal, Moustakas, Cain, and Braun is pretty unacceptable. This is not just about the season so far but the job Haines has not done since being hired.

The offense has underachieved since he has been here. To be just about league average with Yelich at an MVP level as well as Hiura, Grandal, Moustakas, Cain, and Braun is pretty unacceptable. This is not just about the season so far but the job Haines has not done since being hired.

A big part of that is on the guys signed to fill out the lineup around those guys. The hitting coach is always the easy target, but in the end, the hitters are paid to hit. When they don't, it's essentially on them.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hey no one struck out! Progress
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Gyorko needs to be given a shot at playing everyday instead of continuously wasting at bats on Sogard.

Coming into the year I thought Gyorko would get more playing time than he has, should’ve known better I guess.

He was the one signing I thought had some upside.

Time for the bullpen to blow the game up so I can turn it off. I don't even care to watch the no hitter and watch this team of slap hitters flail away.

At this point I'm up for the 25 minute inning strategy to disrupt the opposing pitcher and trade 6 runs for a hit.

Little did we know at the time that the 1st inning walk from Yelich saved us from the embarrassment of facing a potential perfect game. Now the worst that can happen is merely getting no hit.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived