Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-18: Brewers (Burnes) at Twins (Maeda) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 12 innings -- Brewers spoil Maeda’s no hit bid in the 9th and rally for 3 runs, but fail to get a run across in extras]

Eye Black
Avila with a ground ball to first did his job. Brewers rarely get that kind of ab.

I mean he got sawed off on the handle. It worked, but I don’t think it was necessarily a masterful piece of hitting.

Maybe so, but it was effective, unlike the standard strike out or high, shallow pop fly that the Brewers tend to hit.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Credit for the battle but you have three chances with a leadoff double and you can't score a run?? Unproductive outs have been this teams signature for years. Throw in poor coaching on the bases and you're always going to come up short in a game like this. unfortunate.

No-hit for 8 innings, tie the game on an error and then manage to go 3 straight innings without scratching across the free runner on 2nd to start the inning.

All in a day's work for this sorry ass offense.

Amazing just how many weak hits the Twins and ChiSpx have killed us with. Why didn’t we walk the bases loaded for a gidp attempt?

The GIDP was still in play, but I would absolutely walk them loaded there for the force at home. Counsell has historically not done it that way, though.

Amazing just how many weak hits the Twins and ChiSpx have killed us with. Why didn’t we walk the bases loaded for a gidp attempt?

The GIDP was still in play, but I would absolutely walk them loaded there for the force at home. Counsell has historically not done it that way, though.

With the speed of Buxton on third base sure would have been nice to have been able to have a force at the plate instead of tag play

With the speed of Buxton on third base sure would have been nice to have been able to have a force at the plate instead of tag play

Perhaps we should have changed the D after they got a runner at 1st and try to turn a double play instead?

3/4 of our bench players today:

Arcia - .804 OPS

Gyorko - .816 OPS

Pina - 1.012 OPS

I love me some match ups, but the above guys are producing while the embarrassing likes of Gamel/Narvaez/Smoak/Sogard suck pretty much regardless of whatever pitches to them. It has been shown many times so far this season our LHB line up is not being very productive. Maybe we should just go with the producing bats once and see how they do, can’t be much worse.

Thank you. I’ve never been a fan of Counsell, but this type of lineup construction multiple days per week where you’re scratching your head shouldn’t happen. Analytics play a part in it as well as past performance against a guy, but you also need to look at who’s hot and play them. We basically had the majority of our quality bats this season on the bench.

Well you can all thank me. I looked at my wife right as the 9th inning started and said, I think I need to jinx this no hitter. So I sent a text to my friend who's a twins fan, saying "you think he'll get this no no?" Not two seconds later it was broken and he went off on me for my poor baseball etiquette. It was pretty funny. Fun game but terrible to lose that one.

Archived