Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-18: Brewers (Burnes) at Twins (Maeda) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 12 innings -- Brewers spoil Maeda’s no hit bid in the 9th and rally for 3 runs, but fail to get a run across in extras]

Eye Black
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet there are people so young on this forum that they don't even know that we traded Nelson Cruz over 14 years ago.

One of the absolute biggest meltdowns I've ever seen on this site that day.

To be fair, that trade was a bit of a head scratcher. Not that we traded Lee but for what the content of the trade was.

That trade was a bust just based on the fact that we missed out on about 100 times of Ueker saying El Caballo while neighing.

This one is about over.

Battle to tie it only to give it right back.

Since when is getting squeezed for a walk in a tie game an automatic death sentence? I get the pessimism tonight, but sheesh.

Edit: Um ... ha! Neener neener neener

It was my reverse jinx effort.

I have a feeling we’re going to see some small ball upcoming.

You should have seen some last half inning.

I literally cannot remember the last time we successfully executed small ball. I doubt it would have worked out anyway.

Plus I'm not sure playing for 1 run with the runner on 2nd rule is the best way to go in the top half of extras. Although maybe with Hader in your back pocket it is.

Do the Twins have anyone left to replace Gonzalez with?

Garver?

Brewers have lost their DH. If it goes long enough, we may see pitchers hit for both teams.

Get Woodruff down to the cage, pronto.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived