Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-16: Brewers (Lindblom) at Cubs (Lester) [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Urías & Arcia combine for 6 hits, 2 triples, HR, 5 runs scored]

Eye Black

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Fun Braun batting line to share with the lefty Lester on the mound today.

Per Mike Vassallo:

Ryan Braun, who went 2-for-3 yesterday, is now batting .323 (112-for-347) with 19 HR and 71 RBI in 93 career games at Wrigley Field.

And he's leading off today.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Move Keston down until he figures things out. Move Urias up to take his place.

No Sogard and Holt, and Pina starting? Are we sure CC was in charge of the line-up today?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Has Braun ever led off before in his entire career? I would think yes when you date his career all the way back to the Yost era, but I cannot think of one instance.

According to Baseball Reference he's done it once.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=braunry02&year=Career&t=b

It says 2 games, but 1 game started so does that mean he pinch hit for the leadoff guy?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Has Braun ever led off before in his entire career? I would think yes when you date his career all the way back to the Yost era, but I cannot think of one instance.

According to Baseball Reference he has started a game at leadoff one other time in his career (in 2015). He was 2-for-3 in that game.

Edit: Found that game boxscore vs. Pirates on April 18, 2015

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Frustrating watching walks come around to score.

Also frustrating watching an ump call a tight strike zone for the first time all season.

Yelich was also rung up on a pitch that was off the plate. Sure hope this zone remains the same when Brewers bat.

Archived