Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-15: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Rea) [Brewers win, 6-5 in 9 innings -- Crew tallies 6 runs without any HRs; Urías w/ 3 hit day]

Eye Black

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Narvaez leading off? Oh my lord... Take a catcher, hitting .154 and thrust him into the leadoff spot. Sounds like a great idea.

HIURA.........MUST........BAT..........SECOND.

SOGARD...........MUST..........START.........SOMEPLACE.

*I am hoping that by me ripping the decision to start Narvaez leading off, he hits a bomb, a double, and has 3 rbi's. We shall see.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Can we just relegate Sogard to the bench and put Braun at third (half blue)? Where is Clancy when you need him? Maybe he’s been right all along. This is one big master plan of getting no production from third so then when we throw Braun there, it’s not a big shock and people are open to the idea. Braun began his career at third base with the Brewers in 2007, he will finish his career (possibly) in 2020 at third base!

Narvaez leading off? Oh my lord... Take a catcher, hitting .154 and thrust him into the leadoff spot. Sounds like a great idea.

HIURA.........MUST........BAT..........SECOND.

SOGARD...........MUST..........START.........SOMEPLACE.

*I am hoping that by me ripping the decision to start Narvaez leading off, he hits a bomb, a double, and has 3 rbi's. We shall see.

:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

I think Counsell is a good manager who will be here a long time. But, to look at things completely and totally impartially, I think he absolutely is influenced by personal feelings about players in regard to playing time.

Comparatively, while I know Johnathan Villar is no one's favorite player, he's a far more successful infielder than Sogard for his career and he absolutely could not find the field in mid 2018 here before he was traded.

Can we just relegate Sogard to the bench and put Braun at third (half blue)? Where is Clancy when you need him? Maybe he’s been right all along. This is one big master plan of getting no production from third so then when we throw Braun there, it’s not a big shock and people are open to the idea. Braun began his career at third base with the Brewers in 2007, he will finish his career (possibly) in 2020 at third base!

Outside of the fact that Braun has said he is open to playing anywhere but 3rd its a great idea......

Brewers need to find a 3rd baseman........a year ago I’m sure they were thought they had it covered with Shaw .......then he forgot how to hit.

Lack of position player development has been baffling. First, 3rd, short, catcher really stand out.

Take a catcher, hitting .154 and thrust him into the leadoff spot.

I think that putting any weight on a hitter's BA after 14 games and 38 AB's is somewhat pointless...

Yep....we see managers do this all the time......trying to take a little pressure off a guy to get him going.....he did it a few games ago with Garcia.

It may not work but they traded for Navarez because he had a track record as a big league hitter......they are going to do whatever it takes to try and jump start him....

At least Gamel is finally sitting. With BA also shipping out, we may finally be done hearing all about the New Swing™, Summer Camp MVP®, Hottest Hitter©.

Instead we'll get "break even pitch"10 times a game. I'll take BA every day.

[sarcasm]You sound like a man that is upset that Pina is not leading off today.[/sarcasm]

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Take a catcher, hitting .154 and thrust him into the leadoff spot.

I think that putting any weight on a hitter's BA after 14 games and 38 AB's is somewhat pointless...

Point is/was, we are throwing a guy in the lead-off spot who is not hitting, has no speed, and isn't really known as an on base guy. His average through 14 games is meaningless, I agree, however, the fact that he is providing nothing offensively, should determine where he hits in the line-up, and lead-off isn't the spot for him, under any circumstance.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"I don't believe lineups matter all that much"

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

At least Gamel is finally sitting. With BA also shipping out, we may finally be done hearing all about the New Swing™, Summer Camp MVP®, Hottest Hitter©.

Instead we'll get "break even pitch"10 times a game. I'll take BA every day.

[sarcasm]You sound like a man that is upset that Pina is not leading off today.[/sarcasm]

Hey, 10 is actually a conservative number.

This is a golden opportunity for the Brewers to escape this series with a split. The bullpen is the Cubs’ biggest weakness and it looks like a bullpen game for them today.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived