Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-14: Brewers (Woodruff) at Cubs (Chatwood) [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Yelich 3-run HR proves the difference]

Eye Black

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brandon Woodruff’s line against the Cubs hitters is somewhat confounding (granted a small sample size). He is allowing a .816 OPS, yet he has a 31.3% strikeout rate against them. He had some trouble with getting swing and miss in his first outing of the season against them this season, hoping for an improvement this time around.

Tyler Chatwood on the other hand has kept the Brewers hitters quiet [insert “hasn’t everyone” joke]. For the current collection of Brewers hitters over 74 at-bats they have a .170 BA / .267 OBP / .235 SLG against Chatwood with 9 BB and just 3 extra base hits (2 doubles, 1 triple, 0 HR).

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Well, with our offensive line-up, Woodruff better be on point tonight, or I'm afraid this will be a "3 inning and off goes the tv" game.

Our starters pretty much have to allow 2 runs or fewer for us to have a chance to win a game.

Intersting to see if Urias and Pina start tonight, AND if Holt and Sogard continue to be regulars.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Well, with our offensive line-up, Woodruff better be on point tonight, or I'm afraid this will be a "3 inning and off goes the tv" game.

Our starters pretty much have to allow 2 runs or fewer for us to have a chance to win a game.

Intersting to see if Urias and Pina start tonight, AND if Holt and Sogard continue to be regulars.

I know it's a small sample and I think Narvaez will hit, but it's a bit shocking that Pina wasnt out there last night. I get trying to play matchups, but I'd much rather see Urias over Holt too. I really dislike Sogard, but I am going to try and not rag on him over the shortened season. I did that too much the last time he was here.

I know it's a small sample and I think Narvaez will hit, but it's a bit shocking that Pina wasnt out there last night. I get trying to play matchups, but I'd much rather see Urias over Holt too. I really dislike Sogard, but I am going to try and not rag on him over the shortened season. I did that too much the last time he was here.

Pina hasn't started in either game since his 2 HR performance. It just doesn't make sense.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Interesting to see if Urias and Pina start tonight, AND if Holt and Sogard continue to be regulars.

Correction: Our pitching staff pretty much has to allow 2 runs or fewer for us to have a chance to win a game. It's getting tiring needing them having minimum margin for error and half the time having games over with by the fourth inning.

Pina hasn't started in either game since his 2 HR performance. It just doesn't make sense.

Seriously...

Guy is seeing the ball well, let's bench him for a few days so he cools off. Let's keep throwing Narvaez out there instead to swing under every fastball as he tries to hit it 800 feet.

Woodruff vs Chatwood is a wild mismatch. I see we have a fairly patient lineup in the game...take some pitches and burn the cubs bullpen as best we can today.

Braun might as well just go home. I'm a big fan of his but come one man. This team needs offense and you can't get yourself in the lineup. Ridiculous.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Holt in left field???

Am I missing something here? Does CC need him in the lineup so bad that he has to put him in the outfield?

I kinda think he's going with a guy that's patient at the plate against a guy that can lose the zone. Notice he also doesn't have Arcia in the lineup. It's really not a bad strategy.

Holt in left field???

Am I missing something here? Does CC need him in the lineup so bad that he has to put him in the outfield?

I kinda think he's going with a guy that's patient at the plate against a guy that can lose the zone. Notice he also doesn't have Arcia in the lineup. It's really not a bad strategy.

Then I expect him to not swing at one pitch tonight. The results will be best case scenario.

Now I see Chatwood has been scratched and some guy named Alec Mills is replacing him. From what I've seen, Holt is the only Brewer to have faced him (0-1) so I suspect we will get dominated again with Pina supplying the only hits for the team.

PSA: Tomorrow’s Brewers-Cubs game has been moved from 7:15pm to 2:20pm due to the threat of inclement weather.

When we're good, they pre-emptively postpone the game the day before because it might rain.

When we stink, they rush to move the game up to get another win in. :laughing

They take five minutes pumping up Sogard as a leadoff hitter because he sees a lot of pitches and draws a lot of walks. Then he proceeds to strike out on 3 pitches.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived