Brewer Fanatic

60 Man Roster Prospects

Which player, on the 60 Man Roster, are you most excited to see make their 2020 debut?

It's easy for me: Drew Rasmussen

You are gonna get your wish. Brewers just announced that Rasmussen (along with Angel Perdomo) are up. I assume Grimm was DFA'd or put on the DL, and maybe Lauer optioned?

Corey Ray .... but just because I desperately want him to not be a wasted pick. Heck, once upon a time there were a lot of people who gave up on Trent Grisham, so anything's possible.

I'd probably like to see Ray for the same reason. Unfortunately, though, I don't think there's much parallel to Grisham. Even when Grisham had some struggles in High A and AA, there was always some hope. He was always young for his level and still managed to carry a decent OBP at every level.

The troubling thing about Ray's trajectory is that he was supposed to be a fast tracked prospect. Hard to believe, but he turns 26 next month, practically a dinosaur for a top 5 pick who has never even had a cup of coffee at MLB.

Wouldn't be the first guy to suddenly figure it out in his late 20s. But I think he's probably a bust.

Yep Lauer optioned to Appleton

Hopefully this means Burnes goes back to the rotation. If the Brewers are going to muddle around .500, at least make it fun and give the future some time.

Yep. Give me significant innings out of Urias, Rasmussen, Burnes, Peralta, and Ray and I'll enjoy the heck of out of this season even if we go 25-35, a lot more than I would watching Sogard, Smoak, and Holt try to get us to 30-30.

If it's player who I think has a chance to play in 2020, I guess I'm interested in seeing if Tyrone Taylor can look as good as he did last year. He'd be a very useful fourth outfielder if that's the case.

If it's anyone on the 60 man, got to go with Small. Read the other day that another team called up a player who hadn't played above A ball, so maybe there's a chance, though I think that only happen if we're out of it in the last week or two.

I doubt we'll see Small, Kelly, Dillard, Lutz, Turang, Perez or Garcia simply for 40-man reasons. And if catching time opens up I could see it being a now or never look at Nottingham rather than Feliciano. Depending on the team's plans for next season, Brown or Bickford getting some innings out of the pen could be interesting.

With today’s moves with Rasmussen and Perdomo, I hope the next reliever we get is Phil Bickford. He has a chance for a great resurrection story after many thought his career was a dead carcass by the side of the road. Rasmussen and Bickford, two former first round picks, bringing it out of the pen!

I would like to see us build on our core nucleus. Play the young guys. And stop dragging in the likes of Chris Carter and Justin Smoak. We need to resolve this BS once and for all at first, and also at third.

• 3 weeks later...
With today’s moves with Rasmussen and Perdomo, I hope the next reliever we get is Phil Bickford. He has a chance for a great resurrection story after many thought his career was a dead carcass by the side of the road. Rasmussen and Bickford, two former first round picks, bringing it out of the pen!

I would like to see us build on our core nucleus. Play the young guys. And stop dragging in the likes of Chris Carter and Justin Smoak. We need to resolve this BS once and for all at first, and also at third.

I am ready to see Bickford get a shot as well. He looked really good from what little we saw of him in spring training, and I would rather see our young guys continue to get chances.

I am ready to see Bickford get a shot as well. He looked really good from what little we saw of him in spring training, and I would rather see our young guys continue to get chances.

Two hours after I post this Bickford is called up. Ask and ye shall receive!

• 1 month later...

Archived