Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-12: Twins (Maeda) at Brewers (Lauer) [Brewers lose, 12-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At what point are the infield hits and bloops that drop in, not just bad luck? I think this team is slow, and when that is the case, you position them differently. Maybe they are back a step or two.

Or maybe Lauer being garbage again just has me crabby. Change his number to 60. Would match the scoreboard from his first two games.

Do people really think Garcia was a good signing. Putting aside his play in CF which is a position he shouldn't be playing its a waste of 10 million a year to a guy who is mediocre at best.

Domingo Santana ... I wish we had him ... 30 HR's, .280 plus average, gets walks, we trade him for a backup ... Santana is better than Garcia, IMHO.

Do people really think Garcia was a good signing. Putting aside his play in CF which is a position he shouldn't be playing its a waste of 10 million a year to a guy who is mediocre at best.

Domingo Santana ... I wish we had him ... 30 HR's, .280 plus average, gets walks, we trade him for a backup ... Santana is better than Garcia, IMHO.

Domingo Santana was so good that the Mariners didn't even tender him a deal in the offseason. He's a bum.

You should really look up his numbers. Hell, I wasn’t even sure he was on a big league team still.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Counsell likes to play Holt and Sogard more than Arcia and Urias ... it's mind-boggling.

He plays L/R splits pretty religiously.

I get it, but Sogard and Holt are NOT starters on a decent team. They are backups in my mind. The career stats pretty much prove it.

Let's play Arcia -- he's actually hot.

Let's see what Urias can do since you gave up Grisham for him ... he must have some talent ... let's see it and develop it.

Counsell likes to play Holt and Sogard more than Arcia and Urias ... it's mind-boggling.

He plays L/R splits pretty religiously.

And with this roster he’s been given, he should. Although at some point you just have to play Urias and develop him.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

They remind him of himself especially Sogard. Arcia I couldn't care less about at this point but we really need to see what we have in Urias.

Historically Arcia doesn’t hit, and the scouting report on Urias is he doesn’t hit in the majors either. A team starved for offense is going to go with the other middling bats who at least have a track record of doing something

You should really look up his numbers. Hell, I wasn’t even sure he was on a big league team still.

.450 SLG % and .800 OPS for his career so far ... the Brewers could use a hitter with those stats on this year's team I'd say.

Historically Arcia doesn’t hit, and the scouting report on Urias is he doesn’t hit in the majors either. A team starved for offense is going to go with the other middling bats who at least have a track record of doing something

If true, trading Grisham for him is criminal.

Urias has all of 270 career ABs in the majors, and is 23. He was also a top 10 overall MLB prospect while in the Padres system, and it wasn't for his glove.

Go look at his minors numbers. They are terrific.

If true, trading Grisham for him is criminal.

That's a really poor take on a 23-year-old uber-prospect.

They remind him of himself especially Sogard. Arcia I couldn't care less about at this point but we really need to see what we have in Urias.

My thought exactly about Counsell seeing himself in Sogard too much to remain neutral about him ... that is what it looks like, anyway.

Go Brewers, anyway! :)

The craziest thing is this bad team could make the playoffs and throw Woodruff and Houser at you, with some nasty BP arms to boot.

Good point and makes me feel better ... thank you. :)

Some pretty bad team is going to make a deep run this year (assuming playoffs happen). Why not us?

Archived