Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-12: Twins (Maeda) at Brewers (Lauer) [Brewers lose, 12-2]

Eye Black

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sort of curious to see who catches Lauer tonight. Reminder that these were his comments after Narvaez caught his previous start versus the Reds:

"I think I was a little cutter-heavy, and that’s not necessarily a pitch that I practice all that often, so I think that was kind of a little miscommunication and I need to be better about communicating with our catchers and making sure that we’re on the same page."

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Sort of curious to see who catches Lauer tonight. Reminder that these were his comments after Narvaez caught his previous start versus the Reds:

"I think I was a little cutter-heavy, and that’s not necessarily a pitch that I practice all that often, so I think that was kind of a little miscommunication and I need to be better about communicating with our catchers and making sure that we’re on the same page."

With how hot Pina has been, it would be a shame to sit him.

Where did all the weekday day games go? I want some day baseball! Playing the Cubs on a Thursday and Friday would usually mean 2 more day games as well.

No more cross country road trips means fewer day games. Although fewer off days should mean that the players should get more getaway day games even if they aren't traveling far. I guess ratings are more important.

1. Garcia- CF (.000/.000/.000/.000) *2PA

2. Yelich- LF (.444/.444/.556/1.000)*9PA

3. Hiura- 2B (NEVER FACED)

4. Gyorko- 3B (.571/.571/.714/1.286) *7PA

5. Braun- RF (.400/.500/.500/1.000) *12PA

6. Smoak- 1B (.000/.333/.000/.333) *3PA

7. Pina- C (.333/.500/.333/.833) *4PA

8. Navaez- DH (.500/.500/.500/1.000) *2PA

9. Urias- SS (.000/.000/.000/.000) *3PA / Arcia- SS (.000/.167/.000/.167 )*6PA / Sogard- SS (.500/.500/.500/1.000)*2PA

That is what I would be looking at for tonight.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The catchers seem to look into the dugout every pitch. I’m not sure how much of the game they actually call.

Where did all the weekday day games go? I want some day baseball! Playing the Cubs on a Thursday and Friday would usually mean 2 more day games as well.

No more cross country road trips means fewer day games. Although fewer off days should mean that the players should get more getaway day games even if they aren't traveling far. I guess ratings are more important.

I think too that the Brewers have always had more weekday afternoon games than a lot of other teams because they have some success drawing seniors and kids groups to those games. With no gate, they are putting games into prime time for TV.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived