Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-11: Twins (Clippard/Bullpen) at Brewers (Lindblom) [Brewers win 6-4 -- Piña hits two HRs, Gyorko hits go ahead HR in 8th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great comeback win. A chance to win a series and get back to .500 tomorrow.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This one goes in the books as Devin Williams’ first MLB win. I know pitcher “wins” don’t really matter, but still happy for a guy who seemed like an afterthought as a prospect at times, his changeup is definitely developing into a weapon.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Is it just me, or have there been a lot of late timeout calls from opponents lately?

Yeah I've noticed that too. It's one of my pet peeves; both that hitters call for those late time outs, but most of all that they are actually granted. If the player is already in his wind-up it's your own fault if you can't stay ready for the 5 or so seconds you've been in the batters box.

As frustrating as the Brewers season has been so far, they currently have a better winning percentage than the following teams considered to be “playoff caliber” coming into the season:

Nationals

Astros

Phillies

Diamondbacks

Cardinals (yes, I know)

Mets

Angels

Not just “at Night” anymore.

As frustrating as the Brewers season has been so far, they currently have a better winning percentage than the following teams considered to be “playoff caliber” coming into the season:

Nationals

Astros

Phillies

Diamondbacks

Cardinals (yes, I know)

Mets

Angels

Will the Cards be able to play all the games that were on their schedule when it is all said and done?

The difference in these two lineups is startling.

I especially thought the same thing when we played the White Sox.

That team has so much excitement surrounding it, and we have what we have...

The White Sox had the 5th fewest wins from 2017-19.

The Brewers had the 8th most wins from 2017-19.

We haven't been bad enough recently to stockpile the kind of young talent the White Sox have.

Archived