Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-11: Twins (Clippard/Bullpen) at Brewers (Lindblom) [Brewers win 6-4 -- Piña hits two HRs, Gyorko hits go ahead HR in 8th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Piña has indeed earned more playing time. Use the DH on Narvaez against RHP.

Don’t want to DH your catcher .......if you have an injury you lose the DH.

With 28 man rosters I think you take you can take your chances navigating through the unlikely scenario you lose your DH for a single game.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I think Piña has indeed earned more playing time. Use the DH on Narvaez against RHP.

With 28 man rosters I think you take you can take your chances navigating through the unlikely scenario you lose your DH for a single game.

Isn't Nottingham still on the roster or was he sent back??

The DH can be moved to the field anyway so I don't see why it would be an issue. If something happens to your catcher you just move the catcher in the DH spot to catcher and move a player off the bench to DH.

Just like Gamel, Pina will come back to earth. But you ride the hot hand as much as you can until they do.

Lots of negativity.

Pina will be fine, he deserves a shot...

It wasn’t negativity but I think you are smart enough to realize that. Hopefully...

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The DH can be moved to the field anyway so I don't see why it would be an issue. If something happens to your catcher you just move the catcher in the DH spot to catcher and move a player off the bench to DH.

You can't, you give up the DH if you move that player into the field. With a 28-man roster covering the pitcher spot with pinch hitters shouldn't be much of an issue, but it does need to be taken into account.

I’ve remained skeptical it’s how they were actually going to use him because they’ve been in so few close games, but I’m starting to worry slightly that Hader really is a single inning, save situation only guy.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I’ve remained skeptical it’s how they were actually going to use him because they’ve been in so few close games, but I’m starting to worry slightly that Hader really is a single inning, save situation only guy.

Not having Knebel back to full strength doesn't help.

With his poor defense and poor plate discipline Hiura may not be able to live up to all the hype.

That extreme launch angle is an open invitation to high fastballs.

He’s struck out in almost half his at bats. That’s simply not sustainable as an everyday player. It doesn’t matter how much power he has, he’s Chris Carter at this early point in his career

Archived