Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-09: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 9-3 -- Hiura, Yelich, and Smoak with big days offensively]

Eye Black
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woody might have to throw a no no.

With the shaky defense displayed in this series he might need a perfect game with 15+ Ks.

Honestly would not surprise me if they put up like a 5 spot on Gray. Seems like the kind of joke the baseball gods would play on us.

So close, so close

Love seeing the Brewers doing this to Lorenzen. I don't like that guy at all.

He’s clearly struggled this year with a 12 ERA. He pitched last night giving up a run, and they trot him out in a high pressure situation today. Don’t get it, but I’ll take it....

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Honestly would not surprise me if they put up like a 5 spot on Gray. Seems like the kind of joke the baseball gods would play on us.

Agreed, and I certainly hope that’s the case!

Well we almost did it.

PHIHAAj.png

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Love seeing the Brewers doing this to Lorenzen. I don't like that guy at all.

He’s clearly struggled this year with a 12 ERA. He pitched last night giving up a run, and they trot him out in a high pressure situation today. Don’t get it, but I’ll take it....

I am betting Reds fans are just fuming over the pitching decisions this inning. Sent Gray back out and then replaced him with Lorenzen. Lorenzen clearly didn’t have it and he struggled along to really make it a disaster.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Taking a flier on a Smoak or Morrison is to be expected with a small market team but you just cannot have 4 or 5 of these type of guys starting everyday. With limited financial resources we need to do a better job drafting hitters so we don't have to rely on journeyman every offseason to fill holes.

Third base is understandable since there were no good options without paying someone big. First base was deciding to dump Thames, a contributor and popular player, in order to save $2M.

Attanasio was really stingy last offseason and it really cost us.

They paid out the biggest contract by far in the team's history ... but sure, really stingy. :rolleyes

They paid out the biggest contract by far in the team's history ... but sure, really stingy. :rolleyes

I think we all know what he meant...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

If you sign a player to the biggest contract in team history but will only pay to surround said player with a bunch of cheap, one year stop gaps of has beens and never weres, was it really worth it and do you really deserve praise for handing out that contract?

Archived