Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-08: Reds (DeSclafani) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 4-1]

Eye Black
Forgive me if this was noted already, but who here agrees the game would be tied right now if sogard was playing 2b and hiura was dh? They are both playing, I see no reason to have hiura in the field over sogard when we are trying to win games

Agree, but apparently Sogard has a bad foot. I imagine that is the decision driver...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You people are a little weird.

This roster doesn't compare to the Yankees, Dodgers, or Astros rosters.

There is enough talent and interest to compete with everybody else though.

OH, and as of right now we are in the playoffs, where anything can happen, particularly with as much potential pitching as we have (Woody and Houser might be really, really good)

This season is shorter than most, but game to game reactions are STILL pretty meaningless. Yelich is still the best hitter in the league, despite his slow start.

Garcia was a waste of 10 million per season.

Meh, I think he will be decent for the money on a short term deal.

Narvaez though? Him being a pile of trash so far sucks. He wasn’t suppose to be a huge downgrade from Grandal. Instead we would be better off having Pina hit because he has better defense. Certainly frustrating.

Pina being the #1 cather of 2020 should've been the thinking going into this past offseason. Stearns has just made bad decision over bad decision this past winter.

I was never a fan of last offseason on a multitude of levels. I like Pina, wouldn’t have had a problem with him starting, actually liked the Narvaez addition...but it has not worked out so far.

You people are a little weird.

This roster doesn't compare to the Yankees, Dodgers, or Astros rosters.

There is enough talent and interest to compete with everybody else though.

OH, and as of right now we are in the playoffs, where anything can happen, particularly with as much potential pitching as we have (Woody and Houser might be really, really good)

This season is shorter than most, but game to game reactions are STILL pretty meaningless. Yelich is still the best hitter in the league, despite his slow start.

This is not a good roster and only the Pirates have a worse roster in the division.

Wow, pretty depressing game thread. If the Brewers miss the playoffs then the off season was a bust. Real early to be proclaiming that.

[sarcasm]The 7-1 Marlins clearly stole all of our good players![/sarcasm]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Wow, pretty depressing game thread. If the Brewers miss the playoffs then the off season was a bust. Real early to be proclaiming that.

I believe most people were not happy with the way the offseason went so its not exactly surprising to see us doing so poorly.

I believe most people were not happy with the way the offseason went so its not exactly surprising to see us doing so poorly.

That is true to a point, there were a lot of people here that thought we made a lot of great moves, I just never figured out based on what?

We signed a bunch of cheap bums, hoping they had a good year in them, so far, not one of them has...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

That is true to a point, there were a lot of people here that thought we made a lot of great moves, I just never figured out based on what?

We signed a bunch of cheap bums, hoping they had a good year in them, so far, not one of them has...

I don’t think any of them are staying this bad for 60 games either. I think they’re near a .500 team without Cain, but that’s probably playoffs.

I wasn’t one to advocate for this off-season being my favorite by any stretch (I was frustrated with the lack of true solutions at 3B while piling up below average depth pieces, and I was shocked Logan Morrison was actually part of their plans), but you also have to sometimes put yourself out there and suggest what you would have done differently. Turborickey, a lot of people advocated for the Brewers making a play for Castellanos, and you were against that because his track record wasn’t long enough for you. What moves (that wouldn’t have cost $200+ million) did you think the Brewers should have made this past offseason?

Not trying to come at you, just genuinely curious.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

To me the thing is your are either young and building or you go all out with the Grandal Moose Greinke type moves the Brewers have had success with. The model of cheap journeyman vets is not where you want to be at all.

Post of the night. Possibly the season.

To me the thing is your are either young and building or you go all out with the Grandal Moose Greinke type moves the Brewers have had success with. The model of cheap journeyman vets is not where you want to be at all.

The offseason is something I would expect if we were clearly on the decline roster wise and just trying to have one last shot at relevancy before we rebuild.

Who knows...maybe it works in the long run that we didn’t waste money on aging guys like Grandal/Moustakas. We still have a young core of pitchers and Yelich/Hiura. This team is certainly playing out like how you would expect though...not impressive at all.

Burnes can take Anderson’s spot in the rotation now.

They basically piggyback everyone except Woodruff and Houser, so not really sure it makes much of a difference.

Well...because the first pitcher sucks and needs to be taken out after 3 innings.

Archived