Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-07: Reds (Bauer) at Brewers (Lauer) [Brewers lose, 8-3 -- Reds 6-run 2nd inning proves the difference]

Eye Black
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It always amazes me how slow Arcia is getting down the line to 1B. In my mind as the camera pans over I always expect him to be 2-3 strides closer to the bag than he ever actually is.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

It always amazes me how slow Arcia is getting down the line to 1B. In my mind as the camera pans over I always expect him to be 2-3 strides closer to the bag than he ever actually is.

Felt the same thing about Perez for years. Guys you’d think would be quick and they take an hour getting there.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Trevor Bauer's 11 strikeouts through 5 innings tonight vs the Brewers are his most through 5 IP in any game of his career.

The last Reds pitcher with that many strikeouts through 5 IP was Tyler Mahle had 12 through 5 IP on June 30, 2018 -- ALSO against the Brewers.

Dang how good would have Castellanos looked in a Brewers jersey the next few years? He's gonna be a big thorn in their side now. Dude is a great hitter.

16 million for this guy is a bargain. Paying Garcia and Smoak almost what he's getting is a shame. The guy is a stud with the bat.

Dang how good would have Castellanos looked in a Brewers jersey the next few years? He's gonna be a big thorn in their side now. Dude is a great hitter.

Agreed, and he’s only 28 years old. He’s always been a good hitter, but I think he very well could go down the J.D. Martinez path of being a guy that absolutely mashes in his late 20’s and early 30’s.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

What might have been if Yelich didn't botch that fly ball.

The Brewers would still have lost. They only scored 3 runs because the Reds were in mop up mode, and the Reds offense went dormant with the game in hand.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

The Brewers would still have lost. They only scored 3 runs because the Reds were in mop up mode, and the Reds offense went dormant with the game in hand.

If Yelich catches that ball, the game is not in mop up mode nor in hand.

If Yelich catches that ball, the game is not in mop up mode nor in hand.

And it still would have been Bauer mowing down the Brewers and the Reds adding on runs against Lauer and the Brewers bullpen.

It was a lopsided loss with very little point in “what if’s”.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived