Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-07: Reds (Bauer) at Brewers (Lauer) [Brewers lose, 8-3 -- Reds 6-run 2nd inning proves the difference]

Eye Black
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this the worst SP option we have?

I mean, 60 games, each one's value seemingly magnified, and this is what we trot out with expanded rosters? I really don't get it.

Hard to take a lot from this start. Hadnt pitched in a week and a half due to the Cardinals series. Definitely not sharp today. He looked sharp in his first relief appearance.

CC needs to get fired up tonight. This umpire is flat out putting two zones out there. Bauer gets a nice wide one and we get a postage stamp.

I was just going to say, Bauer is getting much better calls than lauer was. It wouldn't put us in the lead, but this game would be sightly different if lauer had Bauer's zone. Holt got rung up on the same pitch a reds player walked on...

Man. you only have 60 games. A division game and you let a guy give up 6 runs in an inning with 15 pitchers on staff?? Someone let Counsell know that even though we just started it's August 7th. No time to see if he can find it.

I'm not really getting the Lauer love around here.

He looked outstanding in the relief appearance against the Cubs. Granted it was only 2.2 IP, but he was locating on the outer edge of the plate against RHH and getting LHH to chase his breaking pitches. The talent is there, but just like it has for other young starters it will likely take awhile for him to become more consistent. I’d also cut him a little slack since he hadn’t pitched in a game for 11 days.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived