Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-05: Brewers (Houser) at White Sox (Keuchel) [Brewers win, 1-0 -- Houser outstanding over 7.0 IP]

Eye Black
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's going on with Urias? He's out with COVID-19, right? Wasn't that several weeks ago now?

Here he is in Appleton yesterday. Surprised they haven’t called on him, I guess the fact Mathias can play more positions (including OF) might have been the reason they went with him for the recent call up.

EenCdw9X0AAc9cY?format=jpg&name=small

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Obviously we intend on turning Hader into a traditional 1 inning closer, which i think is a bad move.

That has been one of the more baffling developments this year. Counsell did say he was being careful with his usage because it being early in the season, but I don’t like him being tied to the 9th.

What's going on with Urias? He's out with COVID-19, right? Wasn't that several weeks ago now?

Here he is in Appleton yesterday. Surprised they haven’t called on him, I guess the fact Mathias can play more positions (including OF) might have been the reason they went with him for the recent call up.

EenCdw9X0AAc9cY?format=jpg&name=small

I guess color me baffled. We gave up a really good young player and a decent pitcher to get him. I can't believe he isn't a big immediate part of our plans.

Obviously we intend on turning Hader into a traditional 1 inning closer, which i think is a bad move.

I think it's just that CC has a lot of confidence in Phelps. Plus lots of righties.

He almost payed dearly for that confidence. Very lucky inning for Phelps.

That has been one of the more baffling developments this year. Counsell did say he was being careful with his usage because it being early in the season, but I don’t like him being tied to the 9th.

Same. I don't like pigeonholing almost any reliever for a specific inning, but especially Hader. His versatility as a reliever is what makes him so valuable.

In other news, the Pirates might have the #1 pick in the 2021 MLB Draft secured soon. They fall to 2-10 tonight. Facing Kumar Rocker in the NL Central in the mid 2020’s may not be fun (although the Pirates do have a knack for screwing up pitching development).

In other news, the Pirates might have the #1 pick in the 2021 MLB Draft secured soon. They fall to 2-10 tonight. Facing Kumar Rocker in the NL Central in the mid 2020’s may not be fun (although the Pirates do have a knack for screwing up pitching development).

Is he John's son?

Archived