Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-04: White Sox (Giolito) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 3-2 -- Brewers’ 2-run lead slips away for the 2nd consecutive night]

Eye Black
This dysfunctional offense is going to be even worse with all of the platooning and pinch hitting. Hard for anyone to get into a groove with erratic playing time.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crazy after everything going on with COVID-19 and no sports for four months, the lackluster performance by the Brewers thus far have me not really even caring for sports right now. Two weeks ago I was so excited for the season to start, and now... meh.

It is hard to be excited when we see the line-ups that are being put on the field. No C, 1B, 3B, and SS. I mean, we have black holes at 4 of 5 IF positions, absolute black holes. Our heavy hitting 2B hasn't impressed, so what do we have? How much do we miss Moustakas? About as much as I expected for sure. It's disgusting.

Hard to get excited when you see how bad Yelich is looking. He is the guy we can always count on, but not so far.

Cain is gone, but Gamel has been fun to watch.

Garcia? So far, meh.

Replacing Grandal with Narvaez? Pretty easy to see that isn't going to work out, who really thought it would?

I think if we are being honest with ourselves, we knew that getting guys like Smoak, Morrison, Healy, and Sogard to play as many innings as we will need them was a huge mistake. Just nothing there.

I'm going to keep watching, I'm not going to make threats that I'll stop, I know I won't. Hopefully, we can win more than we lose, but even if we can sneak into the playoffs, so what, we don't have the talent to compete.

Extremely poor roster building this past off season, really poor.

The sliver lining is that we don't have to watch this offensive mess for 162 games, but it will be hard enough to watch it for 60.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

If Yelich doesn't find his GOD mode this year, I think this team goes about 25-35.

There's just not a lot of talent. Hopefully Hiura gets it going, but there's not a ton of young up and comers here like the White Sox have. We have one good starter and that still wasn't enough tonight.

The lineup is just punchless. Even if Yelich does get it going, he doesn't have much help.

This feels like the late 90s. You look at the opening day lineups from 1997-2000 and they're comparable to what we have now. I mean, does anyone even remember names like Kevin Barker, Jimmy Haynes, Gerald Williams and Sean Berry?

I was just thinking that this team really reminds me of a Yost/Melvin era scrapheap classic.

This feels like the late 90s. You look at the opening day lineups from 1997-2000 and they're comparable to what we have now. I mean, does anyone even remember names like Kevin Barker, Jimmy Haynes, Gerald Williams and Sean Berry?

Of course I remember Jimmy Haynes. I saw him throw like 8 scoreless against the Cardinals in 2001!

But, yeah. There is a lot of filler on this roster.

Archived