Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-04: White Sox (Giolito) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 3-2 -- Brewers’ 2-run lead slips away for the 2nd consecutive night]

Eye Black
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arcia has his own warts but he's at least a major league SS. If you think otherwise, the conversation can end there.

I mean, he's literally been replacement level from 2018 through 2020.

You're arguing just to argue. Sogard isn't good. Arica has been a okay SS that is leading the team in hitting and yet, finds himself on the bench for a journeyman that got hot last season so Counsell just had to have him back.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It's amazing that there are 5 teams in MLB hitting worse than the Brewers. I didn't know that was even possible.

I don't think people appreciate how clutch (lucky) Brewers hitting has been so far. They've scored a lot of runs given how bad it's been. And I don't mean just a lot of hard outs bad, there have been an incredible amount of whiffs, strikeouts, and weak contact.

I don't think he's arguing just to argue. Arcia isn't a good player. He's had several years of mediocre results. We're over 1500 ABs into his career now. I wish it had worked out differently but it just did not. He's a mediocre player. Going 3 for 3 on opening day did not change that.

Sogard isn't worth anything either, no argument there. They have some real talent issues at several positions.

Maybe put Yelich back in RF and bat him in the 2-spot tomorrow. Ya just never know.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sox remind me of the Hardy, Weeks, Fielder Brewers (early years). They're going to kick the ball around, but they sure are fun.

Somehow, I hope we can inject some position player excitement into the farm. Maybe the international investments pay off.

Also, baseball is weird. I wouldn't trade anything for 2018, but I think 2016 was an underrated, fun Brewer team. It's strange thinking about the difference between rooting for a bad team that feels exciting and one that feels just kind of bad.

I don't think he's arguing just to argue. Arcia isn't a good player. He's had several years of mediocre results. We're over 1500 ABs into his career now. I wish it had worked out differently but it just did not. He's a mediocre player. Going 3 for 3 on opening day did not change that.

Sogard isn't worth anything either, no argument there. They have some real talent issues at several positions.

Who should play SS, Arica or Sogard?

Arcia has his own warts but he's at least a major league SS. If you think otherwise, the conversation can end there.

I mean, he's literally been replacement level from 2018 through 2020.

You're arguing just to argue. Sogard isn't good. Arica has been a okay SS that is leading the team in hitting and yet, finds himself on the bench for a journeyman that got hot last season so Counsell just had to have him back.

I'm really fine with your original post that the conversation can end here. I don't think the Brewers want either one as an everyday SS and hopefully Urias can get to Milwaukee soon.

Who should play SS, Arica or Sogard?

(Shrug) I don't really care between those two, honestly. Arcia for late inning situations I guess. Ofher than that, whatever. Urias when he's healthy.

With a 3-run lead Kimbrel came in to save the game for the Cubs tonight (versus the Royals). After three batters, and some hard contact off the wall, he was pulled. Cubs still lead 5-2, but Royals have runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out.

Edit: Now 5-4.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I’m not even talking bat. Just simply playing the position of SS. Sogard has no business ever playing there. It’s bad enough we have a little league arm at 2B. Having it at SS is just ridiculous.

Arcia gets a little overrated sometimes because he has some inexplicable hot streaks, especially late in the season. He played way better than Yelich and Cain in the NLCS against the Dodgers.

Yeah, I brought this up last night. Arcia will have a nice showing in a marquee game and raise some eyebrows and inevitably go back to how he always is.

Archived