Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-03: White Sox (Rodón) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 6-4 -- Home Opener]

Eye Black
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Need Keston to find consistency at the plate.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

.242 RISP (8 for 33) for the season. Not great but not awful.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Why are these games so late when there's no fans? They start at 7 to allow people to get to the ballpark after work, but with no fans start the games at 6. We're in the top of the 8th and it's already past 10.

Why are these games so late when there's no fans? They start at 7 to allow people to get to the ballpark after work, but with no fans start the games at 6. We're in the top of the 8th and it's already past 10.

TV prime time.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

The Brewers are running low on journeyman, barely replacement level players to send up there to strike out.

This is not a fun or entertaining team to watch.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

The Brewers are running low on journeyman, barely replacement level players to send up there to strike out.

The names on the offensive side of the ball are pretty depressing. A bunch of dudes you wouldn’t want on your competing team in their prime let alone now. Smoke? Morrison? Gyorko? Sogard? Healy? Arcia still (t Ho ugh he has been decent so far)? You’d think we were just trying to fill holes on a rebuilding team so we had enough guys to play.

Quantity over quality for sure. Some of it is the shame of what was available in the winter, but dang...tough group of guys we are depending on with inexperienced pitchers.

In Brewers alumni news, Grisham has a pair of hits including his 4th home run of the year tonight against the Dodgers. He now has a 1.058 OPS for the season.

And if Hader didn’t pitch like garbage in the Wild Card game Grisham might still be on the Brewers. :ohwell

The names on the offensive side of the ball are pretty depressing. A bunch of dudes you wouldn’t want on your competing team in their prime let alone now. Smoke? Morrison? Gyorko? Sogard? Healy? Arcia still (t Ho ugh he has been decent so far)? You’d think we were just trying to fill holes on a rebuilding team so we had enough guys to play.

Quantity over quality for sure. Some of it is the shame of what was available in the winter, but dang...tough group of guys we are depending on with inexperienced pitchers.

I agree, but with a barren farm system I think we are going to have to get used to guys like these filling out at least a third of the lineup of the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I know batting average isn’t the stat that’s super popular anymore but it sure would be nice to have some guys in the lineup that carried higher lines. This would go a long way to having more consistency but I know that’s not exactly the trend with how we go about finding players.

Archived