Brewer Fanatic

2020-08-03: White Sox (Rodón) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 6-4 -- Home Opener]

Eye Black
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we actually that worse than other teams with RISP? For years we were heavy on the power/strikeout players so it made sense...hasn’t been the case in recent years as much.

It’s always harped we are like the worst team in history and no other team blows promising innings...always wonder if that is even the case in the grand scheme.

Any time I watch Abreu play I think of the fact the Brewers reportedly offered him $60 million back in 2014 when he originally signed out of Cuba with the White Sox.

I always think back to that as well. He would have been a huge addition to the middle of the lineup for us. Especially as a big right handed bat. Something we have been lacking the last couple years to really balance out the lineup.

Are we actually that worse than other teams with RISP? For years we were heavy on the power/strikeout players so it made sense...hasn’t been the case in recent years as much.

It’s always harped we are like the worst team in history and no other team blows promising innings...always wonder if that is even the case in the grand scheme.

In 2019 the Brewers led MLB in runners left in scoring position for the season.

They have also been in the bottom 10 in the league in runners stranded in scoring position every year since 2016.

You could argue maybe they‘ve had more RISP than a lot of other teams, but I am not certain about that part.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Great work Gamel.

Arcia really has a knack for having a big game in a headliner type game (opening day, playoff game, etc), get people thinking maybe he's finally going to break out, and then go back to being Orlando Arcia.

Great work Gamel.

Arcia really has a knack for having a big game in a headliner type game (opening day, playoff game, etc), get people thinking maybe he's finally going to break out, and then go back to being Orlando Arcia.

He does have a hit and a run scored tonight. I mean he might turn into a pumpkin but a weird post tonight.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I seriously want to know the benefit of Garcia in CF and Gamel in RF.

Sometimes I think CC just likes to switch things up and be cute with his line-ups.

Seems obvious to me that Gamel should be leading off, but CC gets cute and uses Healy there.

These are the reasons I scratch my head frequently with CC's line-ups. I know, it's kind of a sin to question him here, but sometimes, the obvious plays are the plays to make.

Garcia has 301 career innings in CF compared to 181 for Gamel, the benefit seems to be that Avisail is more experienced.

Healy has a 103 wRC+ vs LHP compared to a 109 wRC+ vs LHP for Gamel, though neither has even 500 PA against LHP spread out over the course of their 4 year careers, so both samples have quite a bit of noise. Their true talent level vs LHP doesn't appear to be drastically different.

The numbers don't really support Gamel in CF or at leadoff as being the obvious call.

Great work Gamel.

He does have a hit and a run scored tonight. I mean he might turn into a pumpkin but a weird post tonight.

He's also basically responsible for the only two White Sox runs tonight and killed a possible big inning there.

I think he's been a pumpkin for awhile, unfortunately.

EDIT: Well, half the runs.

Archived