Brewer Fanatic

Well wishes for Pat Murphy

folly412
Bob Nightengale

@BNightengale

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to beloved #Brewers bench coach Pat Murphy. He suffered a moderate heart attack Saturday during the #Brewers workout. Murphy, resting comfortably in a Milwaukee hospital, is in good spirits and doctors told him he should have a full recovery.

8:03 PM · Aug 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Man. This season just sucks. Hoping for the best here.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Hope Pat Murphy recovers quickly and that he discovers the cause. I would guess he might be sitting out the season now. I've had three heart attacks due to plaque eruptions and arterial spasm. My brother, a cardiologist, told me that there is growing concern and some indication that COVID can cause both of those (not enough good studies have been done yet), but it makes sense to him. It is the thing that personally scares me the most about getting the virus. Of course, I am not suggesting the Murphy has COVID. It's the dots that connected in my mind when I read the story.

Pat Murphy has been a huge part of our success so this is a huge bummer from a baseball perspective. He and Counsell are a great team in the dugout. That being said I wish him well in his recovery and hope to see him back in the dugout soon.

Archived