Brewer Fanatic

Braun to 10-day IL with an infected finger

hawing

Per @Brewers Twitter (

):

OF/1B Ryan Braun has been placed on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to July 30, with an infected right index finger. No corresponding move has been made yet.

Ewwww.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

If MLB doesn't get the virus under control in 10 days I think he's likely to opt out.

Also, that is one of the strangest IL injuries I have seen in a while.

I'm thinking it's a placeholder type injury, while he sees how the virus progresses over the next ten days. (Or about the next week, since retro to July 30 should mean he could be back August 9-10.)

Adam McCalvy has shared a little more via Twitter (

):

Ryan Braun developed an infection in his finger, went to the ER this morning and they had to cut it open. He won’t be able to play until that heals.

That sounds more legit than a placeholder, though I imagine Ryan will use the healing period to determine how much more of the 2020 season he wants to be part of.

Also, that is one of the strangest IL injuries I have seen in a while.

Matt "Salad Tongs" Wise would disagree also Hunter Pence running through a glass door is also one of my favorites.

Adding Lucroy's falling luggage and Wes Helms' slip in Puerto Rico.

Greinke’s pickup basketball ribs injury. Narveson slicing his hand trying to lace his glove with scissors. K-Rod stepping on a cactus. The Brewers have an impressive list of strange injuries.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Greinke’s pickup basketball ribs injury. Narveson slicing his hand trying to lace his glove with scissors. K-Rod stepping on a cactus. The Brewers have an impressive list of strange injuries.

Doug Melvin and the scorpion. Scooter Gennett cutting his hand trying to reach for the soap in the shower.

Ryan Braun is pretty injury prone, but he has truly taken it to a new level.

Doug Melvin and the scorpion. Scooter Gennett cutting his hand trying to reach for the soap in the shower.

Scorpions get everywhere so that isn't really all that weird. I am still wondering how one got into a sealed light fixture or how one got frozen in an ice cube in my ice maker.

I have had them crawl up out of the drain in my sink. They are literally everywhere here in Arizona and even though I get the house sprayed they still get in. I literally shake anything and everything that I pick off the ground before using it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Scorpions get everywhere so that isn't really all that weird. I am still wondering how one got into a sealed light fixture or how one got frozen in an ice cube in my ice maker.

I have had them crawl up out of the drain in my sink. They are literally everywhere here in Arizona and even though I get the house sprayed they still get in. I literally shake anything and everything that I pick off the ground before using it.

I know a guy who spent a lot of time in Arizona in the 60s as a kid. Family was dirt poor. He was telling me about one place they lived where the room he and his brothers slept in had no floors. They would put each leg of each bed in a can of oil - the reason being that the scorpions wouldn't climb up the legs and into the bed because they didn't want to cross over the oil.

Also, every morning, you shook your clothing out before putting it on, and turned your shoes over. Again, in case a scorpion had crawled in.

Lovely.

I mean, we've seen him (at least I've noticed him) chewing on his fingernails for years, but he hasn't been on the IL for it before.

*Runs to wash hands*

I mean, we'll never know, but that is one major cause of finger infections.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived