Brewer Fanatic

Joe Kelly suspended for 14.5% of the remaining season

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

8 game suspension for throwing at Astro cheaters and then making faces at them. Guess throwing through his window at home was not an accident?

I think that works out to roughly a 23 game suspension if this were a normal year and they had 157 games to go.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

He is a pitcher so the "8 games" is more statement than reality. I assume it gets appealed and ends up being not that big of a deal in practicality. But I think it was about sending a message that you can't troll the Astros all year because MLB can't afford 60 guys wrestling and drooling on each other in the infield this year.

Verified Member
Terrible suspension. They gave him 8 games like it is a normal season. Someone has to use their brain and realize he shouldn’t lose nearly 15% of his salary and miss that much of the season for that.

Yeah, the monetary aspect is the harshest....maybe an 8 game suspension but only 2 w/o pay would make sense for a pitcher.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I love it when pitchers that have a DH taunt the other team. Roger Clemens was the king of throwing at the other team and then letting his guys get plunked in retaliation.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

He deserves a lifetime ban for doing the teenage girl duck face like it's 2010 or something.

Teams were warned before the season not to take things into their own hands against the Astros. Whoever the first person to do it was should be punished severely to stop it from continuing. How MLB handled the Astros in the offseason is a completely different topic.

He should have at least hit some people if he’s getting the 8-gamer.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived