Brewer Fanatic

2020-07-29: Brewers (Woodruff) at Pirates (Musgrove) [Brewers win, 3-0 -- Pirates manage just one infield hit as Woodruff dominates]

Eye Black
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Williams seems to be pegged as a high leverage set up man. Is that what we anticipated or a bit surprising? Is this until Knebel gets back in a groove? I didn’t really follow pre-season bullpen usage.

I’m with homer...perfectly fine taking him out in a 3 run game. He had quite a few pitches as is. It’s his second start of the season...no need to ruin his arm. Not to mention we have an off day tomorrow. If you want to play with fire wait for a day our bullpen is beat up.

I just don’t see much benefit letting him go there. Stats would probably scream pull him out in that situation.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Mike Trout 211/304/368

Mookie Betts 208/289/250

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Community Moderator

Well if you told me Yelich was going to start the season 1-for-27, I think a 3-3 road trip would sound pretty good to me. Could be tough sledding for Yeli to bounce back against Flaherty on Friday.

The Brewers will now play 30 of their next 48 games at Miller Park.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I will take that 3-3 road trip, especially when it includes the PNC house of horrors and the weirdest traveling circumstances I have ever seen.

Yeli will get back on track, and I think this offense will like MP (which, I guess, is not MP anymore).

Edit: Just realized I can still call it Miller Park for 5 months.

I know it's only been six games so you don't know everyone's bullpen role for sure yet, but I'm a little surprised it seems Hader has only been used in classic closer 9th inning situations.

I think all of this is out the window this year. The season is two months long.

I know it's only been six games so you don't know everyone's bullpen role for sure yet, but I'm a little surprised it seems Hader has only been used in classic closer 9th inning situations.

I think all of this is out the window this year. The season is two months long.

Which makes it especially surprising to me that this was only the second game he's pitched and both have been only the 9th inning.

Community Moderator
Brandon Woodruff mentions his improved changeup as the big difference making pitch for him right now. When Adam McCalvy asks him if he credits anyone for the improvement he cites watching Scherzer’s changeup, Strasburg’s changeup, and... Devin Williams’ changeup (which he says is “unbelievable”).
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I know he's going to snap out of this eventually, but it would be total Milwaukee Brewer sort of fortune if we were to blow our payroll wad for the next decade on Christian Yelich and see his career nosedive from there.

You are going to have to explain this one to me better.... We actually sign a MVP super star in his prime for a long term contract and then he what, tanks? That is what we are known for here in Milwaukee? Yeah, that happens here all the time. More like never.

I know he's going to snap out of this eventually, but it would be total Milwaukee Brewer sort of fortune if we were to blow our payroll wad for the next decade on Christian Yelich and see his career nosedive from there.

You are going to have to explain this one to me better.... We actually sign a MVP super star in his prime for a long term contract and then he what, tanks? That is what we are known for here in Milwaukee? Yeah, that happens here all the time. More like never.

He’s saying it would be the luck of our franchise to sign a superstar to a huge contract and then have him tank. Not that it happens frequently.

Archived