Brewer Fanatic

2020-07-29: Brewers (Woodruff) at Pirates (Musgrove) [Brewers win, 3-0 -- Pirates manage just one infield hit as Woodruff dominates]

Eye Black
Sogard has 7 walks this year.

What is Counsell thinking hitting the guy with the best batting eye on the team in the leadoff spot? Doesn't he remember 2018?!?!?

I feel like I should keep complaining about it so he doesn't go into a slump. (But I'm liking what I see. Just don't tell him I said so.)

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I would have rather thrown 5M at a redemption shot for Travis Shaw than "blah' guys like Justin Smoak. Maybe the interest just wasn't mutual.

Our line up tonight is hard to look at. Honestly it looks like something we would employ in a rebuilding year trying to half-arse avoid 90 losses. Sogard, Smoak, and Morrison are a bunch of journeymen...even Gamel isn’t really a starter.

I know it is partially this way because of the match up, but half our line up is these type of guys nightly. We will see how it performs over 60 games, but it isn’t exactly pretty.

I don't ever expect anyone to feel sorry for the salary of any MLB player, but Woodruff is one player who is really going to get the shaft relative to his comparable MLB pitchers.

Just got in too late, and had his service time jerked around just enough in his early years to ensure that he's an old man in baseball years by the time he ever hits free agency.

Yelich can’t be healthy.

I’m sure they wouldn’t be playing him,if he was hurt.......no indication that this is anything but a terrible slump.......kind of like Shaw.......

He will snap out of it but man it’s tough to watch right now

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Not a fan of the super quick hook. If we're ever going to develop starting pitching, we need guys like Woodruff being allowed to pitch into the 8th and 9th inning.

2nd start of the year and 92 pitches. I'm ok with it.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Not a fan of the super quick hook. If we're ever going to develop starting pitching, we need guys like Woodruff being allowed to pitch into the 8th and 9th inning.

July 29 of any usual season, yes he stays with him.

Nah, at least let him finish the 7th

Archived