Brewer Fanatic

2020-07-27: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Brault) [Brewers win, 6-5 in 11 innings -- Rally erases 4-run deficit in 9th]

Eye Black
Community Moderator
Garcia will be just fine replacing Moustakas who wasn’t a special player by any means. Although I thank him for some great moments. Navaez replacing Grandal should be interesting. The numbers are there especially vs. RHP. I hope he catches well enough though.

I think 35 HR and an OPS of .845 is pretty special. I don’t see García coming close to replacing that kind of production, and he’s playing RF where you are usually looking for a lot of production.

Yes, Moose had a very nice season a year ago. Thinking those were going to be his numbers again would be very foolish. He has another 10 years of a career that tells you that.

Both of the following are true:

1) the lineup really misses Moose

2) it was the right decision not to re-sign Moose

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Garcia will be just fine replacing Moustakas who wasn’t a special player by any means. Although I thank him for some great moments. Navaez replacing Grandal should be interesting. The numbers are there especially vs. RHP. I hope he catches well enough though.

I think 35 HR and an OPS of .845 is pretty special. I don’t see García coming close to replacing that kind of production, and he’s playing RF where you are usually looking for a lot of production.

Garcia 2019, 111 OPS+. Garcia 2017-19, 117 OPS+.

Moose 2019, 114 OPS+. Moose 2017-19, 113 OPS+.

Moose has bern more consistent, but Garcia is also 2 years younger with a higher ceiling/lower floor.

Yes, Moose had a very nice season a year ago. Thinking those were going to be his numbers again would be very foolish. He has another 10 years of a career that tells you that.

Maybe he wouldn’t have repeated that this year, but his last 5 or 6 years tell you that last year was not exactly a fluke.

More important, though, is the point that the Brewers are losing a lot of production from last year.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

At least he’s hit a few balls hard and seems to have figured out his strike zone a bit.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

All Braun needed was some dbag umpire trying to get the game over with to fire him up.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Wow Braun! I thought he was doomed to fail after those bad strike calls.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Archived