Brewer Fanatic

2020-07-26: Brewers (Peralta) at Cubs (Chatwood) [Brewers lose, 9-1 -- Eric Lauer makes strong Brewers debut]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

Today’s game was obviously disappointing, but Eric Lauer was outstanding. I went back and watched his outing and he did a great job locating his cutter just off the edge of the zone while working his 4-seam fastball in the top half of the zone. I wish he would have used his curveball even more against LHH, but when he did throw it he had hitters lunging. Even the one hit he gave up was just a tough luck situation where he jammed Bryant inside and the ball fell in for a single. Before that he even initially had Bryant down 0-2 in that at bat. His velocity was better than I thought it would be on his 4-seamer (92-94 mph) today.

I am curious if going forward he finds his way into the rotation or if he is deployed as a multi-inning reliever. In this short season he could be a weapon in the middle innings after a RH starter has gone through the lineup a couple of times.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A team with 25 wins is most certainly not making it, even 28 is really unlikely. I haven’t seen a projection where even a .500 team makes it.

Well, 8 teams out of 15 are making it in each league. Stands to reason that when more than half of the teams are in, .500 or slightly under is very possible.

Larger schedule but 8th in the AL last year would have been the Rangers at 78-84 and in the NL the Cubs at 84-78.

Archived