Brewer Fanatic

2020-07-26: Brewers (Peralta) at Cubs (Chatwood) [Brewers lose, 9-1 -- Eric Lauer makes strong Brewers debut]

Eye Black
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, I see the IGT is in midseason form.

My feeling about the Brewers offense is not based on 2 1/2 games. They have an assortment of journeymen and a couple of guys nearing the end of their careers, cobbled around Yelich and Hiura.

Last year’s offense was league average and this year’s is noticeably weaker without Moustakas and Grandal, and we’d be thrilled if Smoak is as productive as Thames. If Yelich is anything short of MVP caliber the offense is going to struggle, and he doesn’t have a lot of support behind him, especially if Braun is going to be more out than in.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

It’s really hot and muggy outside but the score of this game may force me to go back out there. Ugh.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Also, I see the IGT is in midseason form.

My feeling about the Brewers offense is not based on 2 1/2 games. They have an assortment of journeymen and a couple of guys nearing the end of their careers, cobbled around Yelich and Hiura.

Last year’s offense was league average and this year’s is noticeably weaker without Moustakas and Grandal, and we’d be thrilled if Smoak is as productive as Thames. If Yelich is anything short of MVP caliber the offense is going to struggle, and he doesn’t have a lot of support behind him, especially if Braun is going to be more out than in.

It reminds me of the opening scene in Major League, except there's no dead guy.

Typical of the Brewers. Bash Darvish around. Make Hendricks and Chatwood look like Cy Young contenders.

Frustrating. Of course, the wind is blowing out. And it is the Cubs bullpen....

So, you know. Stranger things. Assuming the Crew can get to the bullpen, of course :)

Typical of the Brewers. Bash Darvish around. Make Hendricks and Chatwood look like Cy Young contenders.

Hendricks was really good Friday. I just tip my hat on that one.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

He was, but the Brewers had absolutely no patience either. No excuse for being carved up by a chump like Chatwood today, though.

He was, but the Brewers had absolutely no patience either. No excuse for being carved up by a chump like Chatwood today, though.

I don't think it's a matter of it being an excuse. I think this is what you have. If Yelich and Hiura aren't absolutely raking, this team is going to struggle most games.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I don't think it's a matter of it being an excuse. I think this is what you have. If Yelich and Hiura aren't absolutely raking, this team is going to struggle most games.

Definitely need to get more consistency from other parts of the lineup. I like Narvaez's bat, and Garcia is solid. Hopefully Urias can make an impact at some point, because he profiles as a solid bat. Other than that, I agree. A bunch of role players I fear.

Our two stars, Gamel and Arcia, get us on the board.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So much for Freddy and Burnes making improvements. They look exactly the same as they did last year. Thankfully it's only one game, but with every game taking on that much more importance, the team can't afford many starts like this.

If I had to wager which one is going to last the longest as a starter or even in the bigs the longest I might have to go with Burnes simply because he has more fastball.

But honestly I don't think either one with have much off a career.

How many lineups have more than 2 studs? It can’t be that many.

So much for Freddy and Burnes making improvements. They look exactly the same as they did last year. Thankfully it's only one game, but with every game taking on that much more importance, the team can't afford many starts like this.

If I had to wager which one is going to last the longest as a starter or even in the bigs the longest I might have to go with Burnes simply because he has more fastball.

But honestly I don't think either one with have much off a career.

Burnes's stuff is so electric. At this point it is obviously mental. He just can't get out of his own way. He strikes me as the type who the Brewers will eventually tire of, and will be a Cy Young contender at his next stop.

Archived