Brewer Fanatic

2020-07-26: Brewers (Peralta) at Cubs (Chatwood) [Brewers lose, 9-1 -- Eric Lauer makes strong Brewers debut]

Eye Black

I’m really bearish on this Brewers offense. I think we’re going to see a lot of low hit, low run, high strikeout games.

Sogard leading off and Smoak fourth is pretty telling that the team is woefully short on quality hitters.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’m really bearish on this Brewers offense. I think we’re going to see a lot of low hit, low run, high strikeout games.

Sogard leading off and Smoak fourth is pretty telling that the team is woefully short on quality hitters.

This is the result of years of awful drafts on the position player side. Besides Hiura we haven't drafted an impact bat since probably Braun and that was 2005.

I agree. I look at the offseason moves Stearnes has made and this lineup looks like one from 1998.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wasn't Peralta supposed to have a slider now? Gameday shows nothing but fastballs and curves.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Also, I see the IGT is in midseason form.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I don’t mind our roster makeup but none of our players looks to be hot to start the year and in a 60 game season, that’s tough.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don’t mind our roster makeup but none of our players looks to be hot to start the year and in a 60 game season, that’s tough.

The flip side of that is you probably only need 30 wins to make the playoffs this year. But yeah, they look like they just started spring training this weekend.

The flip side of that is you probably only need 30 wins to make the playoffs this year. But yeah, they look like they just started spring training this weekend.

Probably need about 25 wins to make the playoffs actually.

AdamMcCalvy

Expanded bullpens and quick camp are part of this, but nonetheless, it was not the crisp start that Corbin Burnes or Freddy Peralta wanted. Burnes got 10 outs on 75 pitches in his season debut, Peralta nine outs on 66 pitches.

That Hoerner looks to be a good one. Has hit everywhere he’s been.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So much for Freddy and Burnes making improvements. They look exactly the same as they did last year. Thankfully it's only one game, but with every game taking on that much more importance, the team can't afford many starts like this.

Burnes going 3 innings without giving up a homer is a big improvement over last year.....

:)

Archived