Brewer Fanatic

2020-07-25: Brewers (Burnes) at Cubs (Darvish) [Brewers win, 8-3]

Eye Black
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone on the Brewers really needs to be a good teammates to Burnes already and tell him he's had a booger hanging the last couple innings.

Well, too late now.

That is a cotton plug of some sort cause he had a bloody nose.

Ah good. I was feeling bad for the guy.

Would be nice to get a runner on 3rd with no outs in...but hey...this wouldnt be the Brewers otherwise! :)

They got two RISP in that inning. Considering how last season went in that department, it's hard to complain about that.

I know. I was just trying to fit in with last years game day threads.

Overall I thought Burnes was perfectly acceptable today. Command was erratic but didn't give up a ton of hard contact. When he's hitting the bottom outside edge of the zone with his slider on righties it is a thing of beauty to watch.

Unlocking his full potential is a work in progress but today was a nice beginning to his 2020.

Yeah, count me in as just wanting these games televised in the way the players are experiencing them. It's weird, but the fake ambience just makes it worse.

And looks like the offense is going to have to keep putting up runs...

It is weird... but is also allows for interaction you don't normally get.

Take the popup yesterday than Sogard caught where Arcia ran into him. I was watching with family with BA and Rock's broadcast and you could hear very clearly the 'conversation' between Sogard/Cain/Arcia who were all yelling "I got it". I had a sister who laughed at it but it led to a good conversation about who is the 'quarterback' in both the infield and outfield in terms of who gives way to who.

Never would have had that conversation if the fans were there. So I agree, this year is weird. Let us experience it as it is. If I don't like it I will mute the TV and turn on music...

Yeah, count me in as just wanting these games televised in the way the players are experiencing them. It's weird, but the fake ambience just makes it worse.

And looks like the offense is going to have to keep putting up runs...

It is weird... but is also allows for interaction you don't normally get.

Take the popup yesterday than Sogard caught where Arcia ran into him. I was watching with family with BA and Rock's broadcast and you could hear very clearly the 'conversation' between Sogard/Cain/Arcia who were all yelling "I got it". I had a sister who laughed at it but it led to a good conversation about who is the 'quarterback' in both the infield and outfield in terms of who gives way to who.

Never would have had that conversation if the fans were there. So I agree, this year is weird. Let us experience it as it is. If I don't like it I will mute the TV and turn on music...

Yeah, that play was a great example.

Has anyone been listening to the radio broadcasts? How do they sound? Wonder if that might be even more interesting, even if it is always impossible for me to get the audio and video properly synced up.

Community Moderator
Nice to have Suter back :)

Cubs fan?

Suter has been solid. Unless you were making a joke. I missed it.

I enjoy watching him pitch. Too bad about the HR but I posted prior to that.

Yeah, that play was a great example.

Has anyone been listening to the radio broadcasts? How do they sound? Wonder if that might be even more interesting, even if it is always impossible for me to get the audio and video properly synced up.

The away teams broadcast group are not at the home teams stadium. So I doubt you would hear much on the radio versus TV it is probably quieter on radio.

Archived