Brewer Fanatic

2020-07-25: Brewers (Burnes) at Cubs (Darvish) [Brewers win, 8-3]

Eye Black
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kipnis reminds me of a pitcher hitting. Real awkward.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It is extremely depressing to watch Yelich this last week. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen such a normally good hitter look so horrible in 30 ABs. The numbers don’t begin to tell how off he looks. He has been as bad as Travis Shaw was last year.

This lineup with an assortment of journeymen and players in the twilight of their careers is going to struggle to score anyway, but take Yelich out and there isn’t much there. Sogard leading off and Smoak batting fourth is pretty scary.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Yelich will be fine, but he's been looking rough all throughout "extended spring."

Presumably he will be fine eventually. But in a short season they can’t afford a month long slump from him because there isn’t anyone like Moustakas or Grandal to carry the team for a week or two.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Community Moderator
Kipnis reminds me of a pitcher hitting. Real awkward.

I had to remind myself what a good hitter he was at his peak. During his age 26-29 seasons he hit .276 BA / .349 OBP / .429 SLG / .778 OPS.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

So far, the computer crowd has to go on those shots from centerfield. It’s distracting as heck.

I have been very disappointed with the utilization of the crowd noise in nearly every game I’ve watched so far. The lone star exception was last night’s Diamondbacks-Padres game. They had the crowd sound cranked and reacted well to balls put in play. It actually sounded like a full ballpark.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It’s great to see the swings and misses on Burnes but some efficiency would go a long way for him. Full counts galore. Too many walks.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Verified Member
Cain was on 2nd...ground ball in front of him and he takes off and gets hung up between 2nd and 3rd. Gamel goes all the way to 2nd base, then Cain runs back to 2nd without being tagged and tells Gamel to run back to first cuz nobody was covering. Saved an out.

Archived