Brewer Fanatic

2020-07-24 (Opening Day): Brewers (Woodruff) at Cubs (Hendricks) [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black
Seeing all those empty seats is just eerie.

The crowd noise that sounds like a bunch of whistling is worse.

At least we don't have to listen to the idiots doing the whooooo noises like half the games last year.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would Hendricks have stayed in the game without the DH? Who knows, but I don't like to see those decisions get skipped

I go the other way. It’s good to see a pitcher get to pitch deep in the game without having to be taken out for a pinch hitter.

There was nothing previously that made the pitcher leave the game for a pinch hitter

[sarcasm]WE STINK![/sarcasm]

In all seriousness it just looked like we were uncomfortable all night and just swinging at junk.

It will take some getting used to the new guys, but right now I really miss not having Thames or Moose on the team anymore. I thought they brought a good presence to the team the last few years.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Welp, that was an uninspiring performance. The lack of patience from the majority of the lineup was alarming. Woody pitched pretty well, though, as did the pen for the most part. Giving up only 3 runs should get you a win most nights.

Good:

1. Arcia's aggressiveness with the bat (not so much in the field).

2. Solid work coming back from injury for Knebel and Wahl.

3. Woodruff pitched very well, and took a tough luck loss.

Bad:

1. Terrible patience from the vast majority of the lineup.

2. Narvaez's framing isn't nearly as good as Grandal's, and Brewers starters are going to get pinched because of it.

3. It is terrible that we had to wait till July 24 for Opening Day.

Excited to see what Burnes brings to the table tomorrow!

Would Hendricks have stayed in the game without the DH? Who knows, but I don't like to see those decisions get skipped

I go the other way. It’s good to see a pitcher get to pitch deep in the game without having to be taken out for a pinch hitter.

There was nothing previously that made the pitcher leave the game for a pinch hitter

Sure there was. Plenty of pitchers have been takin out because they’re higher in pitches and their spot in the lineup just happened to be coming up. I’d rather see pitchers work deeper in games and an actual batter get 4 at bats in the game.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The less said about the offense, the better. The first 8 hitters go 0-27, while the worst qualified hitter in baseball last year goes 3-3. Baseball.

To find the positives, pitching overall was good. Woody was just slightly off on his command, and wasn't getting any of the marginal calls. Just a tiny bit sharper and he'll be getting so many called strikes with that fastball of his and constantly getting ahead. Despite that he had a good showing, 4 hits and 1 walk over 5 innings. Just ran up that pitch count a bit too fast.

Glad to see Wahl (However briefly) and Knebel successfully make it back from their long injury layoffs. I've always been a believer in Claudio, and he really makes hitters look uncomfortable. Is there any possible 1-2 punch in all of Baseball that makes for a bigger contrast than Woodruff and Claudio? Both very uncomfortable pitchers to face, for very different reasons.

Archived