Brewer Fanatic

2020-07-22: Brewers (Houser) at White Sox (Rodón) [Exhibition Game - Brewers win, 5-3]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

50140043103_2e05bdc99b_c.jpg

I am not sure why the MLB.com graphic has records listed, but I assume maybe that was the Brewers' record when Spring Training ended abruptly? Anyway, it’s the first game specific In-Game Thread since the NL Wild Card Game. Looking forward to having baseball back. A reminder that tonight’s game is being televised on Fox Sports Wisconsin.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I am not sure why the MLB.com graphic has records listed, but I assume maybe that was the Brewers' record when Spring Training ended abruptly?

Yep, I heard on a broadcast last night that the matchups between teams are counting towards the "official" Spring Training records.

Have they eliminated throwing the ball around the horn after a strikeout?

Houser just struck a guy out and Manny just threw it back to him. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

Yep, removed any around the horn throws.

Houser just struck a guy out and Manny just threw it back to him. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

Just for this season or is it a pace of play thing?

Gyorko the first 2020 victim of Windmill Eddie.

Didn’t he look horribly slow, though?

Yeah, didn't look like he was going all out.

Probably thought, "there's no way any 3rd base coach would even think about sending me here"...then he looked up & saw Eddie waving his arms like one of those inflatable noodles outside a used car lot.

Just for this season or is it a pace of play thing?

No it’s a COVID change. Less ppl touching the ball.

Houser looked sharp tonight. A couple bombs by the studs. Good stuff so far.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Community Moderator
My favorite fun fact about Carlos Rodón is that the Brewers drafted him 2011 out of high school, but obviously didn’t sign him. Three years later leading up to the draft he was in the running to go 1st overall. Someone asked Doug Melvin about him during an interview that year and he said he didn’t know who he was. I know the GM’s aren’t overly involved in the MLB Draft process, but that astonished me at the time, and I still think about it every time I see him pitch.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived