Brewer Fanatic

Blue-Gold World Series (Summer Camp Series)

Eye Black
Community Moderator

For those watching the Blue-Gold World Series this week here is an in-game thread to use. Game 1 begins this evening at 6:40pm CT and will be streamed on Brewers.com. More information available at this LINK.

I’ll post the rosters here when they are available. Looks like trades are already occurring leading up to first pitch (Yelich and Sogard for Braun and Arcia).

GAME #1 LINEUPS:

Ec7A3j4X0AIMaKE?format=png&name=small

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Yelich being mic’d up is sort of fun.

Woodruff looking great through two batters.

I do wish they were just doing normal baseball scoring, but I guess this match play scoring format means they play the full seven games.

Community Moderator
I’ve noticed that Hiura has batted immediately after Yelich in every scrimmage so far, and BA just mentioned Hiura “is the bat expected to hit behind Yelich this season”. I don’t think it’s anything ground breaking, but does seems like it is the current intention.

Yelich drops an f-bomb after Woodruff strikes him out.
The swearing is interesting. Seems like Bill and Brian dont know what to say when that happens.

Not sure why they abruptly kill the sound between innings. I keep checking my headphones to see if they are working ok.

This crowd noise is dumb.

I like it. Definitely prefer it to the silence of the scrimmages last week and it's a better sound than I've heard piped in for some other sports. They just need to get better at timing the cheers/etc. at key moments in the game.

I like it. Definitely prefer it to the silence of the scrimmages last week and it's a better sound than I've heard piped in for some other sports. They just need to get better at timing the cheers/etc. at key moments in the game.

The crowd noise sounds a lot more fake than what they've been using for English Premier League soccer games. I wonder if this is due to the source (IIRC for EPL it's produced by EA Sports using the same content from the FIFA video game), or if it's just easier for soccer, where there's much more of a sustained crowd noise compared to baseball where it's much more situational.

The crowd noise sounds a lot more fake than what they've been using for English Premier League soccer games. I wonder if this is due to the source (IIRC for EPL it's produced by EA Sports using the same content from the FIFA video game), or if it's just easier for soccer, where there's much more of a sustained crowd noise compared to baseball where it's much more situational.

Agreed. EPL I kept forgetting it wasn't real. This noise sounds tinny and artificial.

The ongoing, raw dialog between BA and Yelich is some of the best TV I’ve seen in a long time. Typically it’s awkward when a player is mic’d up. This has been natural discussion the entire time.

Sophia and Rock have been solid, too.

Community Moderator
Well, that was actually a nice bit of entertainment on a night that was originally scheduled to be the All-Star Game. The Gold team outscores the Blue team by a final of 4-1, although the Blue team technically won the game via the match play scoring system.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Yelich drops an f-bomb after Woodruff strikes him out.
The swearing is interesting. Seems like Bill and Brian dont know what to say when that happens.

Not sure why they abruptly kill the sound between innings. I keep checking my headphones to see if they are working ok.

Because the Brewers don't have the rights to broadcast the music that is played in between innings

Archived