Brewer Fanatic

2021 Schedule Released

Vgmastr

MLB has released the 2021 schedule: https://www.mlb.com/brewers/schedule/2021-04

A bit odd as the new season hasn't even started yet, but they're doing it as a way for teams to market deferring 2020 ticket payments to 2021.

Brewers open at home vs. the Twins.

Interleague is against the AL Central again, we get home-and-home with the Twins, Royals and Tigers, along with a home series against the White Sox and a road series against the Indians.

COME ON!! lol. I mentioned this in another thread, but I've been in Baltimore for 10 years and this was going to be the first time the Brewers actually played in Camden Yards while I've been here. They couldn't just go with the same interleague matchups we're missing out on from this year? Oh well, maybe in 10 more years...

This is rather presumptuous of them. Odds are the COVID situation next spring isn't going to be all that much different than it is now. And they still haven't even gotten through a truncated season yet to see if they can avoid a league wide outbreak.

They know this. They can just cancel stuff later though. Might as well pretend we'll be fine by then.

Nine games against the Cubs in April. The next series against them is in the end of June with one in August and one other in September. It seems kind of odd. I guess to so odd. They play St. Louis nine games in September.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This is rather presumptuous of them. Odds are the COVID situation next spring isn't going to be all that much different than it is now. And they still haven't even gotten through a truncated season yet to see if they can avoid a league wide outbreak.

They know this. They can just cancel stuff later though. Might as well pretend we'll be fine by then.

Can't blame them for planning ahead. If they don't book the dates, then venues, hotels, airlines, etc.. get booked by other events. The logistics of a full baseball season is difficult with many trickle down planning required. Peeling back is "easy"; adding later isn't.

COME ON!! lol. I mentioned this in another thread, but I've been in Baltimore for 10 years and this was going to be the first time the Brewers actually played in Camden Yards while I've been here. They couldn't just go with the same interleague matchups we're missing out on from this year? Oh well, maybe in 10 more years...

I live on the east coast and had the exact same reaction. Ugh. Was so excited for that series

Agreed. Very upset with MLB. Now they play the AL Central 2 years in a row.

Agreed. Very upset with MLB. Now they play the AL Central 2 years in a row.

Me three. The road trips are pretty underwhelming. The weekend trip in COL would be cool though.

I live on the east coast and had the exact same reaction. Ugh. Was so excited for that series

Add another East Coast based fan with that same negative reaction. Trips to DC and Philadelphia are fine; I usually make it to one of those visits each season. But it's almost like MLB doesn't want the Brewers to play in Baltimore.

Nine games against the Cubs in April. The next series against them is in the end of June with one in August and one other in September. It seems kind of odd. I guess to so odd. They play St. Louis nine games in September.

Pretty typical. Usually for weather purposes, but I see we are suppose to play in Chicago twice...which is somewhat odd. All the games against St Louis in September also not that odd, pretty typical we play a specific divisional opponent a crazy amount of times in September. Usually Cubs or Cards.

The schedule is actually incredibly repetitive from year to year. I think they keep the same framework and slightly alter it a bit.

Going over the Tribe 2021 schedule I was surprised by a few things..

Yes- another year with AL vs NL Central... Strange but ok

Tribe hosts MKE for another weekend series in Sept... Again strange but ok.

Tribe back to a 6 game set with Cinci.. Tribe actually plays both Home & Home weekend sets B4 seeing another NL Central foe in a game.

Tribe gets another 4 game split-set with ChiCubs & the other 4 game split-set is with the Cardinals..

To balance the hosting of MKE, Tribe travels to Pitts for a weekend set..

Ok..... this is just strange....

There's at least 3 vaccines that will be in stage 3 trials by September. The earliest has been delayed which is disappointing but they will mass produce vaccines for all promising ones as they are still in trials. With the pace of new infections increasing, the herd immunity factor will be well along in another 8 months and therapies continue being developed to lessen the symptoms and reduce mortality.

It's just guessing to say what the odds are.

I think it's reasonable though that even 8 months of spread + the early stage of a vaccine wouldn't even mean we're back where we were. It's likely that we see attendance limits even if it's just for appearances. Obviously hope I'm way wrong on this, but I'm guessing fans won't be in stadiums for Opening Day 2021, and will gradually be phased in next season.

Depends how the world/country is going to react once the at-risk groups are vaccinated. Are we going to still be cautious until we see how that vaccine plays out among those people? Are we going to wait till everyone can get a vaccine?

I think there is a good chance there are fans right from the start. Maybe not full stadiums in April, but I think we would see that eventually next season too. April is a long ways away.

I hope you are more right than I am. At this point I've allowed the team to keep my SSH $$. I would assume SSHs will get first crack at most games if there are limitations and could likely see any games they want. One concern I have is that there are significant changes to the experience at the park. Depending on what those would be and whether they'd be temporary or permanent I'm not sure I'd continue to be a SSH.

I'm upset that the Brewers always seem to play in San Diego on a Mon-Wed while school is in session, and they always seem to come to AZ during June or July when I'm trying go get out of the extreme heat.

:rolleyes

Archived