Brewer Fanatic

Brewers’ Updated 2020 Schedule for 60-Game Season

Eye Black

Community Moderator

A few notes:

- Brewers first two games of the season are scheduled to be televised on national TV including ESPN on Friday, July 24 and FOX on Saturday, July 25.

- Appears 19 of their last 31 games are at Miller Park.

- No team travels less total miles than the Brewers. They are the only team that will travel less than 4,000 miles over the duration of the 60-game season. For comparison the Brewers are scheduled to travel just 3,962 miles while the Rangers travel 14,706 miles.

Edit: Travel miles by team listed below.

EcR0L8hX0AA4Pfk?format=jpg&name=small

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Uneven schedule is quite ridiculous but I wouldn’t expect much less from these bunch of idiots running the show.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Kinda surprised the Brewers travel to CLE & not the other way..

Tribe plays 7 of 10 at Minnesota. A stop of in MKE would make some sense on 1 of those trips, especially since Tribe hosts KC & ChiSox for 7 of 10 each.

Tribe splits 4 with Cinci & ChiCubs but gets 6 vs Pitts and 3 in St. Louis...

It is surreal to me looking at that and realizing that we are actually only going to have 60 Brewer games this season.

I'm not fond of this world we live in.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator

Tribe plays 7 of 10 at Minnesota. A stop of in MKE would make some sense on 1 of those trips, especially since Tribe hosts KC & ChiSox for 7 of 10 each.

As far as the “rivalry” inter-league games go, I was surprised the Indians and Reds don’t play twice, and instead the Indians play the Pirates twice while the Tigers play the Reds twice. I thought it would be the other way around.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Um why is the "home opener" game time listed at 1:10 on a Friday afternoon?

This isn't exactly a traditional home opener, with actual fans in attendance. Or are they going to let people congregate in the parking lots and tailgate? Are they expecting people to take the day off to watch it?

It will be interesting to see how strong "homefield advantage" is this year if there are no fans the entire season. Should give us at least somewhat of an idea of how much homefield advantage comes from fan impacts and how much comes from park, city familiarity, etc.

the home opener being at 1pm is weird. Would make more sense to have an evening one so most fans can watch at home.

Yeah, what's up with the time of that game? Makes zero sense - especially with no fans in the stands. Why you wouldn't play that game at night is ridiculous.

the home opener being at 1pm is weird. Would make more sense to have an evening one so most fans can watch at home.

Yeah, what's up with the time of that game? Makes zero sense - especially with no fans in the stands. Why you wouldn't play that game at night is ridiculous.

I believe the Bucks play their NBA "re-opener" at 5:30 that night, so it's probably to not overlap the games.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I believe the Bucks play their NBA "re-opener" at 5:30 that night, so it's probably to not overlap the games.

Yes, this is the reason why. Avoiding conflict with the Buck's game.

I don't like the interleague play. They could've just scheduled 15 games per division rival to see who really is the cream of the crop. Yeah, one team would have a two or three day break while the other four played but so what? I think the players and coaches would've liked that. Star players like Yelich wouldn't have to take "maintenance days" off.

I don't like the interleague play. They could've just scheduled 15 games per division rival to see who really is the cream of the crop. Yeah, one team would have a two or three day break while the other four played but so what? I think the players and coaches would've liked that. Star players like Yelich wouldn't have to take "maintenance days" off.

Because they have to play 60 games in 66 days, there's no time for teams to have that many days off.

Because they have to play 60 games in 66 days, there's no time for teams to have that many days off.

I don't like it either but I think it was strictly geographical. Trying to get as many opponents as possible in a very small geographic area.

As far as the “rivalry” inter-league games go, I was surprised the Indians and Reds don’t play twice, and instead the Indians play the Pirates twice while the Tigers play the Reds twice. I thought it would be the other way around.

I agree. For years the natural rival for CLE was CIN, but I have to admit there is a ton of hate between CLE & PIT..

Tribe still plays a home & home with Cin & ChiCubs..

Now Detroit gets CIN for 6 instead of PIT..

I dont know.. Perhaps it was a way to reduce some travel..

Is there really going to be many maintenance days with a 60 game schedule?

Archived