Brewer Fanatic

60 man Roster

MVP2110

Z. Brown

Brown's on the list.

Was hoping we'd see File this year, but I didn't think he was within two months of making it.

More realistically, I thought Perdomo was on now or never time and would have made it.

Good catch, missed that. Glad he made it.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Z. Brown

Brown's on the list.

Was hoping we'd see File this year, but I didn't think he was within two months of making it.

More realistically, I thought Perdomo was on now or never time and would have made it.

Good catch, missed that. Glad he made it.

Community Moderator

Agreed on Dylan File and Angel Perdomo being arms that could be added.

Other pitchers with a shot to be included on the alternate training roster are Miguel Sanchez or Thomas Jankins.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Assuming the four 40-man guys get spots, if they fill all 11 of the others I'll guess:

Both scenarios:

Tuffy Gosewisch

Aaron Wilkerson

Luke Barker

Miguel Sanchez

Clayton Andrews

Alec Bettinger

Scenario A: Most likely to contribute this year

Lucas Erceg

Dylan File

Bowden Francis

Thomas Jankins

Final spot:

Mario Feliciano if they think they might end up waiving a catcher to make room for Morrison or Miller, Phil Bickford as a darkhorse if they don't

Scenario B: Get some top prospects some experience

Mario Feliciano

Tristen Lutz

Brice Turang

Garrett Mitchell

Ethan Small

perdomo had three minor league options entering 2020. that doesn't mean his spot on the 40-man is safe, though . . . and it doesn't assure him a spot in the player pool.

the brewers won't announce (technically, submit) their player pool until tomorrow (sunday 28 june). can have up to 60 players.

I understood that all the teams had to have their lists into the league office on Sunday afternoon. I wonder why most other team have their lists in (& announced) but the Brewers do not.

It seems that whenever there is a deadline, the Brewers are always a day late.

the brewers submitted their 60-man player pool to mlb by the deadline on sunday. they can announce it whenever they want.

Community Moderator

the brewers submitted their 60-man player pool to mlb by the deadline on sunday. they can announce it whenever they want.

This is interesting since it appears the majority of teams just announced their entire list while the Brewers are seemingly remaining guarded about the players headed to the alternate training site in a couple of weeks. Common sense suggests it is probably nothing to read into, but the conspiracy theorist in me that has been devoid of baseball for months is wondering if they are discussing a trade involving one or more of those additional players. The players on the 60-man list the Brewers submitted to MLB on Sunday are the only ones that can be traded at this point.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think regardless of the reason, it seems a smart move to not announce the entire roster until they have to. Could be a trade, physicals, players recovering from injury or covid... whatever it is, take the flexibility you are given.

but the conspiracy theorist in me that has been devoid of baseball for months is wondering if they are discussing a trade involving one or more of those additional players. The players on the 60-man list the Brewers submitted to MLB on Sunday are the only ones that can be traded at this point.

that void prompted me to recall when the brewers acquired francisco rodriguez in july 2011 for two players to be named later. fans were frantic with theories about whom the brewers were giving up, and on 1 september, we learned they were daniel herrera and adrian rosario.

if the brewers worked out a significant trade, that acquisition likely will report to miller park very soon.

Now with Mitchell signing, does anyone see him being put on 60 man roster? Head to Appleton and get in some work?

Now with Mitchell signing, does anyone see him being put on 60 man roster? Head to Appleton and get in some work?

I would imagine/hope that would be the case. Being a Type 1 diabetic does put him at a higher risk should he contract COVID, but he seems very in tune with his condition, and would perhaps be safer living in the "bubble" in Appleton than home in California.

why can't he work without being on the 60 man roster?

Well Arizona is mostly in lockdown again until late July. Not sure how that impacts the facility & his ability there. Appleton will have many of the coaches & instructors there working with them. He will be around higher talent, face better pitchers, and all with no pressure of stats like he would with an advance placement during a normal season to face similar competition.

You invest in a talented college OF who you’d hope to move fast... why not. There’s a good amount of other OFs who would need to go down for him to have to move up. He’d literally be 60th man. A lot has to go wrong for him to be forced up.

Why can't he work out in Appleton without being on the 60-man roster? Is there a restriction in place? Why not just come live there and work out (assuming health reasons are safe)? If the Brewers are paying his salary, why shouldn't he?

Then you aren't dealing with him on the 60-man roster because (as you said), there is little chance he would ever see the field.

There was a report that Dylan File was added to the 60 man roster, which I don't fully understand. We have 45 participants in whatever they're calling it, so are the missing 15 (or now 14?) names not on the 60, or is it that we just don't know?

In a normal season a AA starter might be a good candidate for the major league roster later in the season, so it makes sense to have File ready for action I guess.

There was a report that Dylan File was added to the 60 man roster, which I don't fully understand. We have 45 participants in whatever they're calling it, so are the missing 15 (or now 14?) names not on the 60, or is it that we just don't know?

In a normal season a AA starter might be a good candidate for the major league roster later in the season, so it makes sense to have File ready for action I guess.

The way I understood it, they only released the 45 names practicing in Milwaukee to the public, but they did submit the full 60-person roster to MLB. Perhaps they moved one of their COVID-positive players to the COVID IL, where they don't count against the 60-player limit, and File replaced him? Or maybe someone opted out, and word hasn't gotten out yet?

I would imagine/hope that would be the case. Being a Type 1 diabetic does put him at a higher risk should he contract COVID, but he seems very in tune with his condition, and would perhaps be safer living in the "bubble" in Appleton than home in California.

Appleton's bubble already burst. Outagamie county has been showing some of the biggest growth of the virus recently.

Not surprising when I see the number of people not wearing masks out in public and traveling in packs of people...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewers added INF Brice Turang, LHPs Clayton Andrews, Antoine Kelly, Angel Perdomo and Ethan Small, RHPs Phil Bickford, Dylan File and Trey Supak, OFs Thomas Dillard, Tristen Lutz and Corey Ray and C Mario Feliciano to their 60-man player pool.

All 12 players have been transferred to the team's alternate training site in Appleton, WI. Turang, Lutz, Small and Ray are among the team's top prospects, but among them only Ray has any chance of seeing time in the majors this season.

Jul 9, 2020, 4:35 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Kelley & Dillard are exciting surprises! Must be real high on the two! The rest were all guys I figured would make cut. Erceg is easily the biggest loser. There were such high hopes for him but being in AAA and not even considered for top 60 is rough

a reminder that clubs are limited to trading players only in their 60-man player pools, and all acquisitions must be added to the player pool.

2020 draft picks cannot be traded this year before the 31 august trading deadline.

Archived