Brewer Fanatic

2020 Brewers Optimism Thread

torts
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we win tomorrow, it's the first time we'll be over .500 in 2020 (at 0-0, I'm not including the regular season)

According to Newton’s Third Law the Brewers will now never go below .500 throughout the playoffs!

Not just “at Night” anymore.

The Dodgers have lost back-to-back games four times this year.

We need to come out with guns blazing and a score a lot of runs to do it. A little old fashioned lady luck won't hurt either, but it can be done.

The benefit of the shortened season and expanded playoffs is I don't feel absolutely crushed like all the previous playoff exits since 2008.

I am cautiously optimistic that MA and DS will realize they can't just throw a bunch of random pieces together and hope it somehow sticks. I anticipate them being much more focused this offseason to get quality pieces.

Okay, I know many can relate so I am just going to throw it out there:

The 2020 season is over and we don't have to watch it take the field again. Next year cannot possibly be any worse.

I've seen worse. 2002. Mid-70's. This year was only two months. 2021 will be a new and hopefully better year.

Plenty of optimism. They had the worst roster I can think of in recent years and they made the playoffs. Good stuff!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Plenty of optimism. They had the worst roster I can think of in recent years and they made the playoffs. Good stuff!

Thank you NBA playoff system! In all seriousness though - I really hope that Manfred doesn't expand the playoffs to 14-16 teams moving forward. This year was evidence that it just waters down the playoffs too much. It has always meant something to make the playoffs in MLB, and this Brewers team had no business making the postseason this year. I was fine with getting "crazy" this year with some of the rule changes (some I'd be OK with as permanent) and playoffs, but I hope they don't get crazy with the playoffs moving forward.

I dunno, seems like a number of lower seeded teams knocking off top seeds like the Twins and Cubs is going to look intriguing for future playoff considerations. Better than one game playoffs for sure. It was amazing to see the Astros sporting a 9-23 road record sweeping the Twins.

Top seeds getting eliminated in the first round is not a good thing for baseball and not a good reason to expand the playoff field. Mediocrity or worse should never be rewarded, i don't care how far those teams make it through October. It's like when a very mediocre Syracuse made it to the Final Four in 2016 and because of that people said they deserved to be in the tournament. No, it didn't.

I sure hope baseball bags the idea of playoff expansion.

Let's go!!! Off-season here we come! Break the bank and get us some bauerhour action!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived