Brewer Fanatic

2020 Brewers Optimism Thread

torts
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a week to play in the 2020 season the Brewers now have the highest team batting OPS in the NL Central.

2020 Team Batting OPS

1. Brewers (.717 OPS)

2. Cubs (.716 OPS)

3. Reds (.716 OPS)

4. Cardinals (.705 OPS)

5. Pirates (.628 OPS)

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

The Cardinals have been scuffling just as much as the Brewers. Aside from Goldschmidt and Brad Miller (lol), they don't have anybody doing anything of note.

The Cubs aren't getting any offense from Baez, Rizzo, or Bryant.

The Brewers aren't the only team with struggling superstars.

With a week to play in the 2020 season the Brewers now have the highest team batting OPS in the NL Central.

2020 Team Batting OPS

1. Brewers (.717 OPS)

2. Cubs (.716 OPS)

3. Reds (.716 OPS)

4. Cardinals (.705 OPS)

5. Pirates (.628 OPS)

That is....amazing.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

2020 Team Batting OPS

1. Brewers (.717 OPS)

2. Cubs (.716 OPS)

3. Reds (.716 OPS)

4. Cardinals (.705 OPS)

5. Pirates (.628 OPS)

That is....amazing.

Well apparently that was before Sunday’s hitting stats were factored in because it just got even better!...

2020 Team Batting OPS - UPDATED

1. Brewers (.718 OPS)

2. Reds (.717 OPS)

3. Cubs (.710 OPS)

4. Cardinals (.702 OPS)

5. Pirates (.622 OPS)

Not just “at Night” anymore.

1 WEEK TO GO! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

BREWERS GOT THIS! WIPE THE FLOOR WITH ALL THAT RED! SECURE THAT PLAYOFF TICKET BOYS! RELEVANT BASEBALL!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

2020 Team Batting OPS

1. Brewers (.717 OPS)

2. Cubs (.716 OPS)

3. Reds (.716 OPS)

4. Cardinals (.705 OPS)

5. Pirates (.628 OPS)

That is....amazing.

Well apparently that was before Sunday’s hitting stats were factored in because it just got even better!...

1. Brewers (.718 OPS)

2. Reds (.717 OPS)

3. Cubs (.710 OPS)

4. Cardinals (.702 OPS)

5. Pirates (.622 OPS)

Wow, looks like the NL Central is gonna need FIVE new hitting coaches next year.

Brewers are 18-6 in the last 8 games of the season the last three years. 6-2 to continue the trend should easily carry us to the playoffs.

Edit to add: To further our optimism, in the garbage that is ESPN's power rankings, Brewers actually went down a spot from 17 to 18 this week.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

1. Brewers (.718 OPS)

2. Reds (.717 OPS)

3. Cubs (.710 OPS)

4. Cardinals (.702 OPS)

5. Pirates (.622 OPS)

We need a "Has anyone gained confidence in Stearns" thread.

I actually admit I have to eat some crow on the Vogelbach move. I didn't like it at the time, I said more or less one random bad dude is just as likely as another to get hot at a random time, it felt very much like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. I still think it feels random, I don't think Stearns had any kind of an inkling of an idea that chunk from the Goonies was going to get hot suddenly in September, but I guess you have to give him credit when its due. :laughing

All that being said, if we keep the DH in the national league next year, I'll be happy to at least give the guy a chance to show that his first part of this season was the aberration. Maybe he's figured something out. I doubt he's a 300 hitter but we already know he's got power and the ability to draw walks. If Stearns truly has mined a nugget, I hope the DH sticks around and gives us a roster spot to give him some bats next year.

1. Brewers (.718 OPS)

2. Reds (.717 OPS)

3. Cubs (.710 OPS)

4. Cardinals (.702 OPS)

5. Pirates (.622 OPS)

We need a "Has anyone gained confidence in Stearns" thread.

I actually admit I have to eat some crow on the Vogelbach move. I didn't like it at the time, I said more or less one random bad dude is just as likely as another to get hot at a random time, it felt very much like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. I still think it feels random, I don't think Stearns had any kind of an inkling of an idea that chunk from the Goonies was going to get hot suddenly in September, but I guess you have to give him credit when its due. :laughing

All that being said, if we keep the DH in the national league next year, I'll be happy to at least give the guy a chance to show that his first part of this season was the aberration. Maybe he's figured something out. I doubt he's a 300 hitter but we already know he's got power and the ability to draw walks. If Stearns truly has mined a nugget, I hope the DH sticks around and gives us a roster spot to give him some bats next year.

Obviously having a guy the shape and size of an Ewok playing 1B is not ideal, but I thought Vogelbach looked fine there on defense yesterday.

9th chance of the season to get over .500 upcoming. I think they do it this time. Even with Houser on the mound.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

9th chance of the season to get over .500 upcoming. I think they do it this time. Even with Houser on the mound.

I. LOVE. THIS.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

The naysayers said it couldn’t be done. PLAAAAAAAYOOOOOOFFFFFFSSSSSSS!!!!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Craig Counsell: "There's no reason to apologize for getting into the playoffs. ... We've got a chance to win the World Series."

You’re damn right we do!

Archived