Brewer Fanatic

2020 Brewers Optimism Thread

torts
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember the days when the brewers had a bunch of soft tossers who rarely stuck people out? Yeah those days are gone.....https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/strikeouts-per-9

Plenty of soft tossers in the pen, but as long as they get batters out that's fine with me.

Most of our primary guys are not soft towers......Suter yes......Yardley is in the mix but is a 2nd tier guy along with Claudio.

Hader, Williams,Phelps, Freddie all can hit 95 or above

Obviously losing Burnes from the pen takes away another flame thrower but who knows maybe they will give Rasmussen a chance to earn some innings.

Corey isn’t back to form yet obviously so that doesn’t help......his velocity has ticked up a bit but his curve and command are not good right now......

My point obviously was that having strike out pitchers in the pen is very refreshing after years of not having many.

Brewers are .500, and 55% of their games have been against first-place teams.

Brewers have played played 16 of 22 games against teams above .500 and the Reds are close to .500 as well. After tonight they are done with the Twins and 11 of their next 18 are against the Tigers and pirates. 4 against the Reds and 3 against the Indians. This is the part of the schedule to make a run.

The last 20 have 10 against the Cards, 3 against the Royals, 3 against the Reds and 3 against the Cubs. wha will t the Cards have left in them as they play somethibg like 30 games in 25 days to end the season?

The Brewers have not played great but are currently a playoff team. The last 2/3 of the season is much easier schedule and way more games at home

We should get a high pick in next year's draft!

While this is likely said in jest, halfway through the season the Brewers would currently receive a top ten draft pick (either 9th or 10th depending on tiebreaker with Reds). In this strange 60 game season finishing with an opportunity for a good draft pick wouldn’t be the worst consolation for missing the playoffs.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

While this is likely said in jest, halfway through the season the Brewers would currently receive a top ten draft pick (either 9th or 10th depending on tiebreaker with Reds). In this strange 60 game season finishing with an opportunity for a good draft pick wouldn’t be the worst consolation for missing the playoffs.

I would gladly take a blockbuster trade involving Hader and a top 10 pick next year and call it a season.

I just looked the standings up and you're right we'd be 10th currently(Believe tiebreaker is prior season's record)

Former Brewer Brett Phillips was traded recently to Tampa for Lusius Fox.

Well if we don’t make the playoffs I have we can tank for a higher pick.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I would gladly take a blockbuster trade involving Hader and a top 10 pick next year and call it a season.

I would gladly take knocking out the Cubs in the first round & going on to the World Series.

Just remember...it may not be a given that the draft is determined solely by this year's record. Hate to be a downer on the "optimism" thread.

You’re right, but now that it’s looking more likely than not that they’ll at least get through the majority of the scheduled games I would be pretty surprised if they didn’t go by this year’s record. The option giving the Commissioner the ability to manipulate the draft order was seemingly in place as a fallback measure if they weren’t able to complete a season. My guess is if all teams had only completed around 20 games they would have added last year’s records and this year’s records.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yep. The offense has been brutal. The offense has been absolute garbage, and the Brewers are hanging right around the edge of the playoff picture. a three or four game winning streak is easily doable and puts them right back in it.

Seeding in baseball is pretty meaningless. much less so than in basketball or football I think. I don't care who we play. Just get in. We've seen wild card teams win the world series multiple times. Hack, the Nationals won it last year. All you have to do is get in, and get hot. These short series favor luck over anything else. So just get in. And everybody has a shot

• 2 weeks later...
LETS GO BREWERS!!!! 3 of 5 from the dumb cardinals! LETS GET THOSE ROYALS AND SWEEP THEM OUT THE DOOR! ROLL THOSE REDS! PLUCK THOSE CARDS! PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME BABY!!!!!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived