Brewer Fanatic

2020 Brewers Optimism Thread

torts
I watched my first game last night holy crap am I happy a form of baseball is back!!!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
59-1 here we come!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

RYAN BRAUN FOREVER

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

• 2 weeks later...
If the season ended today we would be in the playoffs!!! (I think?)

Yes, the 6th seed because they are in 2nd place in the NL Central. All second place teams in the divisions are guaranteed playoff spots #4-6.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of bright spots emerging in the lineup:

Last 7 Days: 21 PA

Justin Smoak: .350/.381/.650/1.031 (2-2B, 1-HR, 4-RBI)

Last 14 Days: 42 PA

Christian Yelich: .273/.429/.667/1.095 (2-2B, 1-3B, 3-HR, 6-RBI)

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I said in the game thread last night right after it happened, when the Brewers are in the playoffs, we'll be looking back to Freddy with the back-to-back Ks to Baez and Schwarber followed by the 3-run bomb by Yelich as the turning point of the season.

Brewers are winning the next two at Wrigley, book it.

If he was good, he would have 20 K’s...

Peralta is really starting to look like a weapon out of the bullpen. I do hold out hope that he is given another shot in the rotation and can form a strong nucleus of Woodruff, Houser, and Peralta with the next wave of Small, Kelly, and Lazar possibly knocking on the door in 2022 to fight for a rotation spot.

I can’t recall a time where the Brewers had so much promise with their pitching. That doesn’t even include all the youth they have in their bullpen and other guys knocking on the door of the big league roster.

Peralta is really starting to look like a weapon out of the bullpen. I do hold out hope that he is given another shot in the rotation and can form a strong nucleus of Woodruff, Houser, and Peralta with the next wave of Small, Kelly, and Lazar possibly knocking on the door in 2022 to fight for a rotation spot.

Substitute Peralta with Burns, and that's about how I feel. Honestly, both of our "piggy-back" starters have been outstanding.

It's very, very early but Urias looks like the real deal and Arcia has swung the bat like he has no intention of surrendering his SS job. One could paint a pretty rosy picture of an infield of Urias, Arcia, and Huira all in there for a few more years. They sure all looked like core players this weekend.

Peralta, Williams, Hader, Phelps, and Suter are absolutely locked in coming out of pen & putting up huge K%

K%

Peralta 46%, Williams 44%, Hader 43%, Phelps 36%

FIP

Peralta .97, Phelps 1.31, Suter 2.39, Hader 2.57, & Williams 2.88

Burnes & Woodruff have been racking up Ks but few. Been walking a few to many but been tough to hit. Houser has been solid.

Arcia & Urias are looking good. Yelich is finding it. Pina 7 game hit streak

Back to .500 & just won 3 verse top team so far in NL. 64% chance at making playoffs.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Remember the days when the brewers had a bunch of soft tossers who rarely stuck people out? Yeah those days are gone.....https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/strikeouts-per-9

Plenty of soft tossers in the pen, but as long as they get batters out that's fine with me.

Trying to decide who to root for in the Cubs/Cards game. I didn't realize we were only 3.5 back, so I guess a Cards sweep would be nice. We can deal with the Cardinals later.

Questions are a burden.   And answers a prison for one's self.

Archived