Brewer Fanatic

K-Rod coming back to MLB?

TURBO

Francisco Rodriguez recently told Venezuelan journalist Guillermo Arcay that he is still hoping to return to the major leagues.

“That is the goal,” said Rodriguez, who is 38 years old and hasn't appeared in a game at the MLB level since June 2017. "In spite of the fact that I’m seen as being advanced in age, that is the goal. The injuries and the ups and downs have slowed me down. But I have the conviction, the hunger and I am completely sure I can accomplish it." K-Rod currently ranks fourth on the all-time saves leaderboard with 437 -- behind only Mariano Rivera (652), Trevor Hoffman (601), and Lee Smith (478) -- but it would be downright shocking at this point to see him climb any further up that list. Even if he reaches the majors again, it would likely be in a low-leverage role.

Source: MLive.com

May 18, 2020, 5:45 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

K-Rod is the first guy Stearns shipped out so doubt he would ever come back here. One good thing is if he isn't retired he can't go on the wall of honor for the Brewers, so K-Rod please don't ever give up and let your dream die.

Archived