Brewer Fanatic

Brewers All Time Team: EVER!

nate82

This is by far the greatest Brewers team ever, every single one are Hall of Fame bound!

1B: Franklin Stubbs, no words here because he is the greatest 1B ever!

2B: Bill Spiers, ummm duh greatest 2B to ever play the game!

3B: Wes Helms, Wes the 3rd greatest Brewer of all time!

SS: Yuniesky Betancourt he makes you forget about Ozzie Smith as he literally played with a gold glove and gold shoes he may have also had a gold jock strap but that can't be confirmed.

C: Johnny Estrada, he never took a play off and always hustled down the line! No tortoise ever beat him to 1B!

LF: David Hulse, so unforgettable I completely forgot he played for the Brewers!

CF: Jeffrey Hammonds, man what a signing probably one of the best signings in Brewers history, we would of won the 82 world series with Hammonds on the team!

RF: Tom Brunansky, man did that guy have an awesome mustache, probably the greatest in Brewers history!

SP: Rubén Quevedo, man could this guy eat one time he ate 10 chorizos and 5 burritos in one inning on the mound while pitching!

RP: José Capellán may he rest in peace I know he is up in heaven now throwing 200 MPH fastballs in the dirt. True story he was the inspiration behind Ricky Vaughn in Major League.

CP: Curt Leskanic how can we forget the great Curt Leskanic? I am actually having a real hard time remembering him can anyone help me out here?

They say it’s difficult to end your career on top. However, Ben Hendrickson, in his last ever MLB appearance, showed he was 12 years ahead of the times, as he became the Brewers’ first “opener”.

Ben opened on May 20, 2006 and then was removed after getting the first out. Actually, the first out never happened, but that’s besides the point.

This is by far the greatest Brewers team ever, every single one are Hall of Fame bound!

CF: Jeffrey Hammonds, man what a signing probably one of the best signings in Brewers history, we would of won the 82 world series with Hammonds on the team!

He was so good, that as an 11 year old in 1982, he would have pushed Gorman to the bench in CF.

C Estrada

1b Stubbs

2b Pedro Garcia

SS Sheffield

3b Roy Howell

LF Kevin Mench

CF Grissom

RF Hammonds

SP Cocanower

SP Glendon Rusch

SP Jamey Wright

SP Quevedo

BP Reggie Cleveland

BP David Riske

BP Broxton

CL Gagne

If you get everyone on their best season, it's got some potential.

C Estrada 2004: .314/.378/.450 2.0WAR AS, MVP-18, SS

1b Stubbs 1990: .261/.334/.475 2.8 WAR

2b Garcia 1973: .245/.296/.395 1.5 WAR ROY-2

ss Sheffield 1996: .314/.465/.624 5.9 WAR AS, MVP-6, SS(though of course he was rf by then)

3b Howell 1977: .302/.374/.430 2.3 WAR

lf Mench 2004: .279/.335/.539 2.8 WAR

cf Grissom 1993: .298/.351./.438 5.3 WAR, MVP-8, GG

rf Hammonds 1997: .264/.323/.486 2.4 WAR

SP Cocanower 1984 .8WAR

SP Rusch 2004 3.1 WAR

SP Wright 2000 2.4 WAR

SP Quevedo 2001 .6 WAR

rp Cleveland 1973 3.5 WAR (was a sp at the time)

rp Riske 2003 2.3 WAR

rp Broxton 2006 2.1 WAR

cl Gagne 2003 3.7 WAR, CYA, MVP-6

No point, just having some fun.

CP: Curt Leskanic how can we forget the great Curt Leskanic? I am actually having a real hard time remembering him can anyone help me out here?

kick me.

One of my most vivid memories at the ballpark from growing up (around 11-12), my dad walking me down by the bullpen when Leskanic was warming to go in. I just remember him saying, “just listen” The pop was so loud. “That’s what 100 mph sounds like” I was in awe watching because to that point in my life I had never seen a guy up close throwing upper 90s like that.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Archived