Brewer Fanatic

KBO League Thread

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Baseball!

Tyler Saladino is on the Samsung Lions so....guess I'll root for them?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

thames is on the Dinos.

I DVR'd their game tomorrow AM. I am guessing though that this will be the same as trying to watch the XFL because you miss the NFL. Yeah its baseball or football, but its not nearly as good as what we are used to.

Verified Member
thames is on the Dinos.

also, Thames WAS on the Dinos, he is signed with the Nationals for the 2020 season.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Verified Member

I really hope that MLB never goes to all that advertising on their uniforms. Bad enough we have to see that stupid Nike swoosh all over the place, but if our uniforms ever get as busy as the Korean unis, that will suck.

And why do so many people wear masks that go below their noses? lol Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the mask?

Verified Member
As they are discussing the "no spitting" and "no spitting seeds" rules in the KBO, the guy at bat just spit on TV. lol

I enjoyed watching that game more than I thought I would tbh. It won't be must watch TV for me or anything but I will definitely flip it on sometimes in the afternoon if they are airing replays of the night before

Verified Member
I enjoyed watching that game more than I thought I would tbh. It won't be must watch TV for me or anything but I will definitely flip it on sometimes in the afternoon if they are airing replays of the night before

Same, interesting to watch the first time, not sure if it will hold my attention in the future or not. Good background noise though. Baseball being played is better than no baseball being played.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Come for the baseball, stay for the bat flips.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Are they doing anything technology-wise to replace the crowd? Speakers with fan sounds? I'd like to see the NBA develop something tied to a phone app. Groups of individuals can connect via phone or video, then that group's sounds can be pumped into stadium along with thousands of others. I for one would watch a game on speakerphone with a group of friends and give permission for the audio to be used in-stadium.

Are they doing anything technology-wise to replace the crowd? Speakers with fan sounds? I'd like to see the NBA develop something tied to a phone app. Groups of individuals can connect via phone or video, then that group's sounds can be pumped into stadium along with thousands of others. I for one would watch a game on speakerphone with a group of friends and give permission for the audio to be used in-stadium.

In theory I like this idea, but I have to imagine it'd be pretty difficult to moderate. I can definitely see lots of shenanigans going on if you're allowing people to pipe their audio/video into a live event feed, lol.

In theory I like this idea, but I have to imagine it'd be pretty difficult to moderate. I can definitely see lots of shenanigans going on if you're allowing people to pipe their audio/video into a live event feed, lol.

I think technology would be the bigger problem? It'd be more just "noise" that would react to the events going on. With so many people being piped in, couldn't distinguish...at least in my vision haha. Now a hack that takes control of all feeds? That would be a problem.

Plus the lag would be funny. Home team dunks and the away team is crossing mid court and the crowd goes wild!
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived