North Dakota State OL Zack Johnson

Memphis RB Patrick Taylor Jr.

Oklahoma S Will Sunderland Jr.

UCLA LB Krys Barnes

Michigan State WR Darrell Stewart

Rutgers DE Willington Previlon

Prairie View TE/FB Jordan Jones

Baylor S Henry Black

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I would REALLY like Chris Orr to get a tryout at least. I know the NFL doesn't seem to like him, and I'm biased, but I think he's interesting as a camp guy at the very least.

He's headed to Carolina.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Got a WR in Michigan State WR Darrell Stewart although I think they are pretty set in that department already.

I like Krys Barnes - over his last two years he had four INTs and 13 PBUs. Could be a good cover LB.

Patrick Taylor Jr. is listed at 6'3, 227, and was injured his senior year but combined for almost 2000 yards rushing, 36 receptions, and 32 TDs over his sophomore and junior year. Would have been better for him to come out after his junior year. Could be Jamal Williams replacement, or possibly asked to put on 10-15 lbs and move to FB/H-Back.

Galeai has some upside - will need to put on some weight, but has some explosiveness. I think he has more upside than Roberts or Ramsey. Will need to spend a year or two on the PS.

Some interesting guys still out there - Mike Panasuik was considered a great run-stuffing DL, Josh Avery has NFL size and physicial traits, Oluwe Betiku went undrafted, plus some other WRs (Isaiah Wright, Josh Pearson, JJ Koskie).

I would REALLY like Chris Orr to get a tryout at least. I know the NFL doesn't seem to like him, and I'm biased, but I think he's interesting as a camp guy at the very least.

He's headed to Carolina.

Big fan of Orr and felt that he would be a productive NFL linebacker for some lucky team to draft him. Shocked that somebody didn’t draft him. I would of loved to see the Packers take a flier on him.

Little bit of an unpopular opinion, but I feel like Orr could have a better career than Baun. He’s one of those guys that everybody looks over, but could really surprise people and put together a nice career.

The Packers are reportedly also signing Delonte Scott, who over his last two seasons (including an injury-shortened 2018) posted 13.5 sacks and 27.5 TFL. He's 6'5", 250, and has 35" arms, resulting in a 6'11" wingspan.

I really like the two OLB/edge rushers they have signed as UDFAs. They have some upside.

The Packers are reportedly also signing Delonte Scott, who over his last two seasons (including an injury-shortened 2018) posted 13.5 sacks and 27.5 TFL. He's 6'5", 250, and has 35" arms, resulting in a 6'11" wingspan.

I really like the two OLB/edge rushers they have signed as UDFAs. They have some upside.

The kid from Canada is a freak athlete as well. Pro day he was sick and had a fractured arm, but he's 6'2 and ran a 4.36 40.

Maybe they have designs on moving him across to offense or maybe he just sticks where he is. But a long athlete who was one of the top UDFA's. At least according to Gil Brandt.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I had never heard of Travis Bruffy, but he was a three-year starter at LT for Texas Tech (according to official TT team profile; one article says RT in 2018), 2nd team All-Big 12 as a senior/honorable mention All-Big 12 as a junior/sophomore, and 2-time team captain. The Texas Tech OL allowed only 18 sacks on 531 pass attempts; that is among the top 25 in fewest sacks while also among the top 5 in pass attempts.

That's about as good of a profile as you can expect for a UDFA OT, and he probably is as good as any OT selected in the 6th or 7th rounds. I was also pretty high on Cody Conway as a UDFA last year (signed to practice squad in November), and they still have Yosh Nijman (who they promoted from the practice squad in November) so they have several developmental guys at OT to evaluate this year.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I like the edge guys they got including the dude in the 7th round.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

PFF may have given some clues as to why the Packers signed Henry Black. They gave him an 88 grade for pass coverage, which tied for 21st best among safeties in FBS.

Think of all of the WRs in Michigan State's history (Rison, Rogers, Burress, Gibson, Ingram, Mason, etc.). Who would have guessed that Stewart finished 3rd all-time in receptions there? Important to remember, his 697 yards were in only 9 games last year; he was on pace for a 1,000 yard season until he got injured.

The Packers gave partially guaranteed salaries to Travis Bruffy ($20K) and Delonte Scott ($15K), indicating they were the highest priority UDFAs. Other signing bonuses were given to Taylor, Stewart, Johnson, and Griffin, indicated they were the next highest priority.

I had never heard of Travis Bruffy, but he was a three-year starter at LT for Texas Tech (according to official TT team profile; one article says RT in 2018), 2nd team All-Big 12 as a senior/honorable mention All-Big 12 as a junior/sophomore, and 2-time team captain. The Texas Tech OL allowed only 18 sacks on 531 pass attempts; that is among the top 25 in fewest sacks while also among the top 5 in pass attempts.

That's about as good of a profile as you can expect for a UDFA OT, and he probably is as good as any OT selected in the 6th or 7th rounds. I was also pretty high on Cody Conway as a UDFA last year (signed to practice squad in November), and they still have Yosh Nijman (who they promoted from the practice squad in November) so they have several developmental guys at OT to evaluate this year.

Nijman sounds like a guy who has a lot of upside yet. Even last year I remember them saying he probably needed two years to develop.

But like you liked Conway, I thought the kid from Canada Geoff Grey would stick a couple years ago.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived